Florida-North Florida

Any reviews for One Ocean Resort??

Hello Ladies,

I'm looking at having my ceremony at One Ocean Resort on Atlantic Beach in Jacksonville. Has anyone had their ceremony there or know someone who did? Any reviews would be greatly appreciated!

Sharon

Re: Any reviews for One Ocean Resort??

• edited December 2011
    I just went for a job interview there the other day haha! As you know its GORGEOUS! But I can't help on reviews of a Ceremony, sorry.
  • LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a review but when I got quotes there for a reception, I was told it was $220 a person, which is waayyy out of my price range! But it is beautiful and their food and drinks are yummy :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • sheltzelsheltzel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't very pleased with their customer service when i was there looking at venues.  My recommendation, if you don't want to go through what i went though, make sure you go on a week day to check it out. Otherwise it's a waste of time. The Sales manager was supposed to leave me information, didn't. No one could even show me around the rooms, except one. And I HAD AN APPOINTMENT! Then after showing me the ONE banquet room, they had absolutely no information on the price without the sales manager.  Then after the Sales Mgr realized her F-UP she called and e-mailed me nonstop for 2 or 3 weeks til i sent her a nasty e-mail that I'd found my venue.  She apologized and apologized, but it was way too late. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have stayed there, & eaten there, but not been to a wedding there. In our stays there we have have nothing but fabulous service, and the food is some of the best we have ever tasted anywhere! 

I am really sorry to hear about shetzel's experience! To us it has always been a splurge that was so worth it! 
  • edited December 2011
    One Ocean Resort is holding a open house event on April 17 that may be perfect for you to get all the information you need and see everything!! They are hosting all the top vendors from the Jacksonville area and partnered with Jacksonville Luxury Living and Wedding Event Style magazines to host the event. Here is the link for all the information about the event http://www.oneoceanresort.com/weddings/

Also, I know the resort just got a new Director of Sales so I don't think you will receive the treatment that sheltzel had!!
  • edited December 2011
    I had my bachelorette party there. It was beautiful and they had fantastic customer service. They were very accomodating to us and all of our special requests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards