Pre-wedding Parties

WP's Significant other invited to Rehearsal Dinner?

Hey Girls!!!

Hope you r planning is going well and you are enjoying it!!

Question: is it etiquette or is anyone allowing their wedding party to invite their significant other to the rehearsal dinner?

For instance: if your bridesmaid has a husband/boyfriend, is he invited also?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: WP's Significant other invited to Rehearsal Dinner?

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Etiquette says you invite their guest/husband/spouse to the rehearsal dinner.

Otherwise they'd be sitting around the hotel twiddling their thumbs... how sad is that?
  • edited December 2011
    My WP will all be from OOT so dates are invited to the rehearsal because otherwise they will be all alone and hungry at the hotel. The only way I could see getting away with not inviting them is if your wedding is located in your home town and none of the WP or dates have to travel. Either way inviting them is a nice thing to do.
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not just the nice thing to do. It's the CORRECT thing to do.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you girls! I thought i was correct with inviting them but MIL is giving me a hard time about it and i think it's because she does not want to pay for that many people. (FYI-about 35 ppl)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes they need to be included in the RD. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    edited December 2011
    Then tell MIL you can host the RD yourself. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    SO's weren't invited to my sister's rehearsal dinner and it worked out just fine. It gave the bridal party a bit of an opportunity to get to know each other and I think the wedding day was much more enjoyable for that reason.

Mind you, none of the bridal party was from OOT (technically my FI and I were, but the wedding was in our hometown so he visited family..) and this was just my experience from it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_wps-significant-other-invited-rehearsal-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:f2f801f5-4ee7-4115-a957-e0644b1bc13ePost:4bfc838d-a9ee-4dd8-a3a9-836e85f20ce7">Re: WP's Significant other invited to Rehearsal Dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]SO's weren't invited to my sister's rehearsal dinner and it worked out just fine. It gave the bridal party a bit of an opportunity to get to know each other and I think the wedding day was much more enjoyable for that reason. Mind you, none of the bridal party was from OOT (technically my FI and I were, but the wedding was in our hometown so he visited family..) and this was just my experience from it.
    Posted by Cristine2011[/QUOTE]

What your sister did was very rude.
  • edited December 2011
    I am inviting my BP's SO's.   None of them are from out of town.  My FIL were asking why there were so many people because they too, didn't want to pay for that many.  It was originally 40 ppl, and that included my Uncle who was officiating, but now is not, his wife and daughter because they are from out of town.  I wasn't sure about etiquette or whatever, I just planned on inviting them because I was a BM for a friend a few years ago and she invited SO's. So I did too.  I don't want anyone to be sitting at home alone wishing they could be taking part in the festivites!
    Celebrate we will, cause life is short but sweet for certain....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards