September 2012 Weddings
Options

Just a WR Vent

I just wanted to tell somebody that I am super pissed at FI's BM.  We had planned for almost two weeks to go buy the suits today because they are buy1get1 right now.  I told them mid last year that we would be buying the suits the first sale after February 1st, 2012.  I reminded them as well, because they are dudes, and they forget crap.  I even calculated the cost for them including tax so they could budget.  We have two GM, FI, and my stepdad who were going to buy suits today.  

I texted the BM last night to remind him (because he decided to throw a party and that means him sleeping super late), and he texts me back, "yeah, I have no money right now so I'm kinda screwed lol".  Me thinks that is not so funny, so I start to get super pissed.  I ask him what that means and he tells me that he won't be able to buy a suit today.  I nicely informed him that if he can't buy it that means no one can, and I guess we will just have to postpone until the next sale, but I hope they still have the suits because they might not carry that brand any longer.  

He replies that it is hard to save for a suit when he only makes 300 a week.  This really pissed me off because he had almost 2000 dollars extra a month ago.  His girlfriend broke up with him, so he blew it going out every weekend night to bars, throwing parties to make friends, buying nice dress up clothes he never wears to pick up chicks, driving 2 hours away on a whim for white castle, etc.  He even bragged on FB saying, "I've got 500 to blow right now.  Who wants to party?" (to which I replied, "save half for your suit!").   

I just don't know what to do now.  We can't afford to buy two suits right now, and now no one can go get their suits today.  Now I get to call my mom and tell her, and she isn't going to be happy, but will probably somehow make it my fault.  

Boo to this whole day!!!!  The only way it could get worse is if I don't get my e-ring back from the jeweler today when we go pay for the duplicate band.  I hate people haha

Re: Just a WR Vent

• Options
    Sorry it's not working out very well :(

Can you rework the suits to take out the need of all of them to be there at once? Like, we are doing Men's Warehouse. So FI is going to send an email to all his GM after he picks them out. All they have to do is show up and get fitted at their leisure. If they don't go before September, then oh well I guess they didn't get their tux but everyone else will have them. I also had a 40 dollar off coupon for each of them (it's a promo on the website right now) so they will be like a 100 bucks each
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    just rent em for $60. As frustrating as it that he's irresponsible with his money, it's his money to do what he pleases with.
  • Options
    kissamarykissamary member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    They all agreed to buy suits because no one liked the tuxes and they wanted suits for future events, and for 50 bucks more they could buy a nice suit and keep it.  He has promised to stop "wasting money" (his words) and have the funds by next month.  He always says stuff like that, so we will see.
  • Options
    So you were only asking him to spend $110?  That isn't too terrible.  FI was in a wedding last year and the bride and groom insisted he go to a Buy 1 Get 1 sale to get his....but then the groom picked a $700 SUIT!!  Spending $350 on the suit, plus $110 on my bridesmaid dress, plus a shower and a wedding gift (plus FI was informed he had to take two days off work for a destination bachelor party) almost destryoed us financially for those couple months.  I'm glad you've found a reasonablely priced suit!

That sucks, btw.  When is the next sale going to be?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards