July 2012 Weddings

WTF Wednesday!!!

Happy Hump Day!! Please feel free to vent here! =)

Re: WTF Wednesday!!!

• I'm surprised that I don't really have anything to vent. I'm quite content now- the sellers have signed the addendum and we have 2 potential renters interested in renting the place that we are currently renting.

But I suppose I'm a bit of like "ugh"- my lower back is acting up again. I hurt it badly in May and it took months to recover. Even shopping for a wedding dress was brutal. It's hurting again all because I got down on all 4 and acted like a dog (and no we were'nt having sex). I bet you ladies are impressed.

My knee also hurts. It hurts once in a while after a run, but this one has been hurting for 2 days straight. Just hoping it'll go away soon.

That's all for today!

doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No vents other than it's only Wednesday :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • I have a cough and I want to go home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My WTF was earlier this week, so thankfully, I'm WTF-free today. 

It's rainy and yucky here so I'm draggingggggg
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm quite happy, actually! I took tomorrow and Friday off, and get Monday off for a President's Day...so I have 5 days off! And I'm flying to Indiana tomorrow to work on wedding stuff and see my family :)

I guess I have a slight vent...FI has a MAN COLD and it's driving me up the wall!!! And it's causing him to snore like a grizzly bear...I don't blame him for that, I just want to get some peaceful sleep! Hopefully tonight is better since we have to get up around 4:30am tomorrow so I can catch my flight!
    imageAnniversary
  • Not really a "WTF" but we got some sad news about my grandmother yesterday. She has been having health problems and we thought she had a mini-stroke last week. My mom took her to the doctor and found out, she actually didn't have a stroke but she has Alzheimer's. It's a really awful disease and it only gets worse once you are diagnosed, so I'm just feeling really sad now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awwww, that's terrible news about your grandmother, bmore.  Alzheimer's is a nightmare... I'm so sorry.  <3
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Sorry to hear about your grandmother, Bmore :(  My grandma had it, too. 
  • I'm so sorry Bmore! Alzheimer's is a terrible disease... FI's mom thought FI's grandmother had a stroke too last weekend. But according to the doctor it was just an eye problem. Lucky us!
  • Sorry about your grandma. That is sad news. My vent: I hurt my ankle while running two weeks ago, and it still hurts. I am supposed to get an X-ray but I have a $300 deductible for "minor problem" X-rays, according to the insurance company. Plus all the co-copays, I'm really really stuck. Not happy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:84fb3e6b-bfd6-4bc5-ab33-bb66b265a789Post:10e97479-b6e5-4090-a354-71c45557918c">Re: WTF Wednesday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not really a "WTF" but we got some sad news about my grandmother yesterday. She has been having health problems and we thought she had a mini-stroke last week. My mom took her to the doctor and found out, she actually didn't have a stroke but she has Alzheimer's. It's a really awful disease and it only gets worse once you are diagnosed, so I'm just feeling really sad now.
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

I am sorry my grandmother has it as well.  We had to put her into a nursing home b/c she was not able to live on her own anymore.  It is a very difficult disease for the family members to deal with.  I get upset sometimes when I don't think she remembers me she has good days and bad days when we go to visit her.  My grandma is getting worse and worse everytime we see her.  Not having her at our wedding is going to be extremely sad for me. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks girls! My mother is helping to move her into an assisted living facility this week. She is living alone now, but it's unfortunately really not possible for her to keep that freedom. Hopefully in the facility she will at least be safe and comfortable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Assisted living is better than a nursing home at least.  My grandma was moved into one specifically for people with Alzheimer's disease.  If it's still early enough, she may be able to take medication to stop it from progressing rapidly (my grandpa was on this, and I never even knew he had AD until late in his life).
  • Very sad, Bmore. I'm glad to hear your mom is helping her out, though. Assisted living is for sure better than nursing homes, in my experience.

My WTF is that we're supposed to be filing this court document tomorrow and I STILL have yet to hear back from my boss about some minor changes I made to the document. I sent it on MONDAY! And it's due tomorrow and we have to send to the client, etc etc. Looks like it'll be another late night... :( But at least talking about honeymoons made me happy :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:84fb3e6b-bfd6-4bc5-ab33-bb66b265a789Post:499ce120-b83e-44fa-84b3-4969b86557a6">Re: WTF Wednesday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks girls! My mother is helping to move her into an assisted living facility this week. She is living alone now, but it's unfortunately really not possible for her to keep that freedom. Hopefully in the facility she will at least be safe and comfortable.
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

Most assisted living facilities are really nice - and provide just enough help - while still allowing the client to maintain as much of their independence as possible.

Good luck with everything girl.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:84fb3e6b-bfd6-4bc5-ab33-bb66b265a789Post:40c7fc03-91b5-4705-8eb0-ef25e72b8ca6">Re: WTF Wednesday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTF Wednesday!!! : Most assisted living facilities are really nice - and provide just enough help - while still allowing the client to maintain as much of their independence as possible. Good luck with everything girl.
    Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]

Oh good. I honestly don't know much about the differences with those and nursing homes. She is kind of a stubborn woman, so I'm sure she wants to have some independence for as long as possible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bmore, i am so sorry about your grandmother. both of my grandfathers had it before they passed away. it is a cruel and heartbreaking disease. i pray as each day goes by that scientists will come up with a cure. i will keep your family in my prayers <3

as for my vent, i am a hypochondriac. i really try to focus my life on healthy living, so it is kind of ironic that one of my favorite activities is getting on WebMD's symptom checker and seeing what diseases i might have.  well, there is an actual measles outbreak in indianapolis - seriously. schools are closing and stuff. i saw on the news that i was at 4 of the locations where they think people picked up the measles during super bowl week, and i woke up with a sore throat, so now i am convinced i might have it.
  • Sorry to hear about your grandma Bmore. My grandma was diagnosed with it last year. She has deteriorated very quickly in that time. It's hard to her like that when she was always so outgoing and opinionated.

Everything is going pretty well around here. Wedding plans are finally in full swing. The only WTF I have is that FI bit my head off last night and I'm still feeling kind of crappy about it. I was just trying to help.
    Photobucket
  • Bmore, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers!

My WTF is that my job stinks!! I am currently in the process of proving my existance. I've been told that my position will more then likely be eliminated in the next year, but don't worry I'll have a job in business systems. That's great and all, but my degree is in aerospace engineering!!! I have to write out business need for everything I've done in the last 3 years and why we did it the way we did it! All because a new director came in whose never heard of the in house system that we have created and instead of taking the time to get to know it, she just wants to eliminate it!! And on top of that, this new director, has never even taken the time (in the 6 months she's been with the company) to introduce herself to me!! So frustrated!!!

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • Sorry about your Grandma Bmore, it is a hard disease to watch, like some of the PP stated.  My Grandma also had it, and when you went to visit her, she would range from totally lucid and a be able to talk about what was going on even asking questions about my kids, to the other end of the spectrum, asking me one day if I knew her son Curt.  Yes, Grandma, I know your son Curt, he is my dad! 

wtf, my gripe is that the wedding seems to be coming up fast, not that it is really a gripe, it just seems like at first the time was crawling and now it is moving so fast.  We are on schedule so I am not sure where my anxiety is coming from.  Oh well, I am enjoying it most of the time,  Happy Wednesday ladies.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:84fb3e6b-bfd6-4bc5-ab33-bb66b265a789Post:577c7291-493a-4be1-afdc-fbe179f7d8a0">Re: WTF Wednesday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<div> as for my vent, i am a hypochondriac.
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

</div><div>Me too.</div><div>
    </div><div>Did you get a measles vaccine? Where I live, there is a flu outbreak, from a worse than usual strain. I'm convinced I'm getting it now, even though what I have is probably just a minor throat thingy. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:84fb3e6b-bfd6-4bc5-ab33-bb66b265a789Post:6c234663-2366-4a89-9e78-d57f92c930e9">Re: WTF Wednesday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTF Wednesday!!! : Me too. Did you get a measles vaccine? Where I live, there is a flu outbreak, from a worse than usual strain. I'm convinced I'm getting it now, even though what I have is probably just a minor throat thingy. 
    Posted by Elinetrouwt[/QUOTE]

i think i had a vaccine when i was little but that isn't enough to calm my hypochondriac mind from worrying. it drives my pharmacist fiance CRAZY when i become convinced that i have things i do not actually have.

i would totally be panicking about the flu outbreak too!! i hope you only have a tiny bug instead of the bad flu!
  • i am so sorry bmore!

my only wtf is that I am still sick. Sinus infections suck and I want to go home. Oh and this week has been taking FORVER to finish!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • -I have a quiz in abnormal psych today that I have not studied for.
    -I have a huge group  paper due in 6 weeks and my group is not interested in picking a topic.
    -I'm getting a tattoo on Friday with my sister and i'm terrified.
    -I hate Wednesdays.
    -I have to work out tonight. I don't want to.
    -We still havent picked a honeymoon destination.

Yeah, I'm a negative Nancy today.
    TTC December 2012 BFP: 2.07.13 EDD: 10.23.13 photo WHOOPWHOOP2-1.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Our Adventure To 3
  • skyjewel, do not be terrified of getting a tattoo.  Not going to kid you it does hurt, but depending on location it is not that bad.  Where/what are you getting?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:84fb3e6b-bfd6-4bc5-ab33-bb66b265a789Post:57232bbc-9a79-4ebf-a3ed-927033d245af">Re: WTF Wednesday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]skyjewel, do not be terrified of getting a tattoo.  Not going to kid you it does hurt, but depending on location it is not that bad.  Where/what are you getting?
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>On my right shoulder. It's just a line of text with three little birds flying off of it.</div>
    TTC December 2012 BFP: 2.07.13 EDD: 10.23.13 photo WHOOPWHOOP2-1.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Our Adventure To 3
  • UGH!!! WHY can't school ever go right?!?!?!?!?!  I hate taking A&P in 4 weeks...it ruins my life and I"m so stressed out and I miss my knotties!!!! <3

Bmore!!!  <3  Sorry about your gma!
  • Bmore - I'm really sorry to hear that your grandmother was diagnosed with Alzhemiers.  That's good though that she'll be in assisted living since that will still allow her a deal of freedom and that generally helps in this disease.  My grandmother recently just died after being in the severe stage for several years and not knowing anyone or anything really.  

My WTF today is I left for work today at 8:30 and I'm just getting home now and I have to be up at 5:30am for a networking event before another 12 hour day.  And my intern today comes in and goes aren't you glad we have a 3 day weekend this weekend? I was like uh no I'm in here every Saturday and will be until 4/17 and no we don't get Monday off so why don't you come in instead of sitting at home if you have school off? I know I'm a crabby b*tch at the moment but its that time of the month and I'm working almost 70 hour work weeks, ugh!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards