Washington-Seattle

Sorry being a PW! But I am stressing out over the invite wording still! (sorry it"s long...)

Ok, so I've tried everyday this week to order the invites, but I stop myself because I keep feeling not so confident that it's worded right. Please help me!

So, I'm glad I checked because before I had the time @ 4:00 but it's actually 4:30. I looked online to see how etiquette says to write that & I found these two ways:
half after four o'clock
or
half past four o'clock

AND

originally I had "request the honour of your presence" but then I read that that usually means a church ceremony, which we are not having...
It offered: request the "pleasure of your company" or "honour of your company" or "would like you to help celebrate the marriage of" or "invite you to celebrate with them at the marriage of".

Why are there so many choices!

#1 I want it to sound formal without say "this is a formal wedding INVITATION!" lol
#2 I don't want it to sound fake. I want it to sound like us.... What is your wording? Did you make something up or use either of these examples?

Then, in my last wording post, jennyann said that she likes it when people write "together with their parents (families) Angela & Christopher request...." Should I have it with a 'and' or a '&' between our names.

And probably not last or least (eerrggg) should I put a space between the invite wording and the location?

Here's the wording how I have it now:

Angela.....
and
Christopher....

Together with their families
Angela & Christopher
request the honour of your presence
at their marriage
Saturday, the twenty-fourth of July
Two thousand ten
half past four o'clock in the afternoon

The Orting Manor
Address
Orting, Washington......

I think the "half past four o'clock in the afternoon" sounds funny, do you?

I found this one online & really like it...
Bride, groom, and parents hosting (example 2):
Isabella Marie
and
Edward Jonathan
together with their parents
Mr. and Mrs. Charles Smith
and
Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Callahan
invite you to share in the joy
when they exchange marriage vows
and begin their new life together

Re: Sorry being a PW! But I am stressing out over the invite wording still! (sorry it"s long...)

• edited December 2011
    I would go with "Honour of your company"  (although I hate spelling honor that way - we're not British!) it sounds more formal

Between "and" and ampersand, that's up to you, but if you're aiming for more formal, I would lean towards "and".

I like the time to say "at half past cour o'clock in the afternoon" - it just flows better IMO.

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think maybe you're over thinking all of this, not that we all haven't.  Ours is pretty informal and so are we, so our wording is very simple.  Do whatever feels right for you.  I personally prefer & and think it can look cooler on the invite, but its just up to you.  I do like the "invite you to share..." language better, but its less formal, so it depends on what you like and what suites you. 

The only thing that stands out is that is seems odd to have your names twice.   How about:

Together with their familes

Angela
    and
    Christopher

request the honour... or invite you to share...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, I printed mine a while ago and I've second-guessed some things, but I think you always will.  I'm glad there just done.  Some thing with my dress and a lot of other decisions.  You will always second guess, there's always something better.  At some point you just gotta pull the trigger and then leave it alone.  : )
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Our names at the top have to be there... it's written in fancy cursive....
    jennyann mentioned adding them after together with our families. I see your point though... it's repeatative.
    I like "at half past four o'clock in the afternoon" too, adding the @ makes it flow a little better.

• edited December 2011
    i agree with tygirl. her suggestions sound good.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh great...  I'm pretty sure I wrote "four-thirty in the afternoon" on mine...  Oh well, this is one that I throw in the towel on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    :) My FCousinIL is helping me tonight decide on the wording. I am determined to order them TONIGHT! I have less than 3 months till the wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards