Georgia-Atlanta

All-inclusive vs. non-inclusive

Ok, so I've been researching venues for about 3 weeks now and have visited about 7 or 8.  I'm starting to wonder what's better: all inclusive or non-inclusive?

At first I was convinced that all inclusive is the way to go, but now I'm starting to second-guess myself.  It seems like you get nickled and dimed quite a bit on the "all inclusive" venues as well, especially on the alcohol per person cost and then add in a hefty 20-23% service charge.

So, now I'm thinking that perhaps it might be worth the hassle of dealing with all the individual vendors if it can save me some money in the long run?

Thoughts?

FYI - I'm trying to plan a wedding for about 65-70 guests.

Re: All-inclusive vs. non-inclusive

• pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought all inclusive was the way to go too, and I found a total all inclusive package that had everything I wanted for 11,000. I ended up not being able to use that place and stumbled upon the Roswell River Landing which comes with absolutely nothing. After pricing things up, I think I can get MORE than what the first place offered me for about 7,000.
    If I had the extra money, I would happily go all inclusive - it seems so much easier. But it makes more sense to do things yourself price wise. 
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed, you definitely save money if you are willing to deal with a non-inclusive. 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to play devil's advocate here.  SOMETIMES you can save money, and SOMETIMES you can't.  Keep in mind, however, that if you opt for non all-inclusive that you have to make sure every little detail is planned and goes exactly as you want.  With all-inclusive, everything is guaranteed to be there and guaranteed to be exactly the way it was ordered and paid for. 

Our wedding is non all-inclusive, and with some of the headaches I've run into, I wish  I had opted for an all-inclusive place instead. 

For 100 people...everything in our budget included (dog boarding for the two dogs our dogs won't be with us, my dress, attendant gifts, etc.) it is costing us $10K (and that's included a plated dinner with two entrée selections, wine for four hours, etc.)  That's $10K and A LOT of headaches. 

If I had gone with our other locations, they would have been $7-$15K (depending on which venue) with no headaches.
  • edited December 2011
    Actually I have to disagree with the above a bit...I have a few friends who did all inclusive and it did not go as she pleased. She was pissed off but what can she do? She left everything in the hands of the venue and because they have 2 weddings a day/ 3-4 weddings per weekend, its hard to be on top of everything.

I am doing everything myself, with the help of my BMs, Day of Coordinator and close families I trust.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards