Massachusetts-Cape Cod

help finding a small wedding venue

Hi,

I got engaged last week and am starting to look for a venue.  I've searched on the boards but haven't found anything quite right.  I'm hoping someone can help! 

My fiance and I live in London.  He is British but I grew up in New England.  We're planning to have our wedding either in Rhode Island or Massachusetts (I'll post again on the RI board!).  But we'll be planning from London.

It will be a small wedding (about 40-60 people) and our guests will be coming from the US, Asia and Europe.  Most have never been to New England so I'm looking for a spot that would be a nice introduction to the area!  Other thoughts:

(1) exclusive use of the venue
(2) accommodations on-site or very close (walking distance would be ideal)
(3) a decent amount outside space with a great view (ocean?)
(4) a casual but elegant affair, perhaps a nice restaurant, where the guests could wander around and feel comfortable.  Eat when they want, dance when they want, sit and chat when they want.

Any ideas?  Thank you very much!!

Re: help finding a small wedding venue

• clage22clage22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to check this house out. It would be exclusively yours, it is right on the ocean, it can accommodate some guests right on premises, it can be as casual or elegant as you would like. Not sure what your price point is!

Another suggestion. Has gotten some great reviews on here. Not on the ocean, but on a nice lake. 

• edited December 2011
    Look at Belfrey Inn and bistro in Sandwich Ma... It would be perfect...and several nice chapels nearby.
  • BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Beach Breeze Inn, Sounds like exactly what your looking for!
  • clage22clage22 member
    edited December 2011
    I second checking out both the Beach Breeze Inn and Falmouth Yacht Club! Forgot all about those since they were far to small for my wedding, but would be perfect for the amount you are having!
  • edited December 2011

I also am getting married at the Falmouth Yatch club next summer. I chose it so my guest can walk across the street to the motel after the wedding and for the beach ceremony. They  include the private beach ceremony in the room rental fee too which is a plus. You would need to decorate the beach and rent chairs tho, the club manager said he has about 25 chairs that you can use, but I need more than that so Im just renting them (or you can have your guest stand if its a quick ceremony). Also you can make the beach how ever you want to, so its your own personalized wedding. The club has a great patio and they give you the option of putting a tent up on the back patio. There are also a lot of hotels in Falmouth and the boat to Marthas Vineyard so theres plenty of stuff for your guest to do in this area of the cape!! Good luck :)

• chesterfieldchesterfield member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are awesome ideas -- I'm going to check them out!  Thank you very much.
  • Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having 50 people at the Chatham Bars Inn boathouse.  It's a small, simple space, that opens up right out onto the beach and water.  They are wonderful about working with people not in the area, and have done a wonderful job tailoring to our specs (in order for us to keep things affordable!)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married this October at the Dan'l Webster Inn in Sandwich. It sounds exactly like what you're looking for. While we're having a larger wedding 135 guests, they generally only accommodate small intimate weddings. We have exclusive use of the conservatory, garden, and music rooms. Since our wedding has grown they added in the blue room. The price is extremely reasonable and Bethany has been going above and beyond to help us. The ceremony we are doing on site in the garden and most of our guests (oot from NY, PA, CA, and New Zealand) will be staying there with a room block that didn't require a deposit. It's very historical looking and in a great neighborhood that has everything in walking distance...you might want to check it out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards