Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Things to eat or not to eat

I have 12 days left till the wedding and I'm trying to be good with what I am eating so I am not bloated and hopefully loose a bit more. So far with cutting out Coke Zeros I have lost 2 pounds. Yay. So besides cokes and salty things what else should I not eat to keep the bloat away.

AND what did you eat the morning of the wedding? I need to eat something, but I don't want to be too full but I don't want to be weak either. Thanks!

Re: Things to eat or not to eat

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hmmm, I don't think I ate anything the morning of the wedding except I did drink some cranberry juice.  But I did eat lunch--half a chicken salad sandwich and some pasta salad.

I cut out soft drinks, soup, microwave popcorn, chips (even baked ones), crackers/animal crackers/lowfat cookies.  I still ate some frozen dinners but really looked at the sodium count on every label.  I drank a ton of water.  I even tried to steer clear of veggies like beans, broccoli, etc.--anything that makes you gassy basically!

Honestly, just cutting out salt and caffeine for me helped a ton.  All the puffiness in my face went away.  Other than that, I just tried to eat healthy and watch my portions.

• edited December 2011
    I don't suggest this but on the day of I only had a bottle of powerade until the reception.  And maybe crackers.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_things-eat-not-eat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2206c271-a218-49b7-bc18-78d307d801f0Post:17d87757-40b4-41cc-a134-aaef5e945bbd">Re: Things to eat or not to eat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't suggest this but on the day of I only had a bottle of powerade until the reception.  And maybe crackers.
    Posted by shortgirltx[/QUOTE]Ok, so that's just a recipe for disaster....That's like one knee lock away from passing out during the ceremony.

Honestly, I had a nice turkey club sandwich for lunch the day of the wedding.  You shouldn't deprive yourself until the reception...that's just about the worst thing you could do.  You shouldn't make yourself miserable the day of your wedding just because you want to squeeze into your dress with as little bloat as possible.  Have a real breakfast, a real lunch, and drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated.  Your body will thank you and you'll be in a better mood.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually had to do a crash diet the week of the wedding. My mom kind of put me on an Atkins type diet, which helped immensely! The day of, I drank a lot of water plus my one cup of coffee. Then I just snacked on carrots and fruit. It kept me from bloating. I agree with Stephanie, avoid any veggies that could cause gas: broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, radishes.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_things-eat-not-eat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:2206c271-a218-49b7-bc18-78d307d801f0Post:46407c44-29f0-4f59-b374-f3cd446a9df4">Re: Things to eat or not to eat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things to eat or not to eat : Ok, so that's just a recipe for disaster....That's like one knee lock away from passing out during the ceremony. Honestly, I had a nice turkey club sandwich for lunch the day of the wedding.  You shouldn't deprive yourself until the reception...that's just about the worst thing you could do.  You shouldn't make yourself miserable the day of your wedding just because you want to squeeze into your dress with as little bloat as possible.  Have a real breakfast, a real lunch, and drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated.  Your body will thank you and you'll be in a better mood.
    Posted by Mariah09202008[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I don't suggest it and I didn't do it so I could squeeze in my dress.  TBH, the medicine I take usually makes me sick when I eat and I didn't want to chance it that day.
  • edited December 2011
    Ha, well don't listen to me!

The day of my wedding I had a mimosa...or two and granola bars. We also had a brunch that morning so I had quiche and fruit. And then about 30 minutes before I walked down the aisle my BM's were feeding me Chik Fil A nuggets because I was starving! EAT EAT EAT! You won't have much time to eat at your reception.
  • edited December 2011
    Ha you guys are drastic!  Don't do all that to yourself.  It may be too late to look into this but my friends and I bought this stuff called Core 4 from a lady named Judy.  This stuff rocks!  We are dropping weight like crazy!  Also we have tons of energy.  I can't say enough about it.  I do a lean shake in the morning and mix it with OJ and it tastes like Dreamsicle.  Then I take this pill with it called accelerate.  It also has a sprinkle called Cheat that you sprinkle on your food  and it is tasteless.  This reduces the calories by 25%.  Then I use a pill called flush.  It is all in this core 4.  Its a 30 day plan for about 150 but I am telling you it is amazing!!!!!  My friend lost 5 1/2 pounds in a week.  The other 7 in two weeks.  

YOu guys should check it out.  Her name is judy and she sells the stuff at http://core4northdallas.com

You can also email her at judysheftall@hotmail.com

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    How does something you sprinkle on your food reduce calories by 25%?? 

I just don't buy into all that "take this pill and then this pill and then this pill and the weight will just melt away".... whatever happened to eating the right amount of calories, the healthy foods, and exercising 4-5 days a week??? 
  • edited December 2011
    True true.  I just like this because all my friends were doing it and eating the same.  Basically changing nothing.  So I figured what the heck Ill try it.  It's only one pill in the morning and one at night.  

It's one of those things you have to see to believe ya know.  

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest do a herbal cleanse.  I'm getting ready to do mine next week and myself and another friend have had great results from it.  No laxatives!!!  It's from Advocare and only $31, which I find a steal for a good cleanse!  It's a 10 day cleanse and generally can drop on an average of 5 lbs.

As far as what to eat or not to eat this is what I'm doing b/c I have problems with bloating unless I follow this: 

I would cut out the sugar, fast food/fried foods and most of the pasta/breads.  You should still keep some carbs in your diet b/c your body needs them!  Snack on things such as fresh fruit once a day, nuts and seeds, carrots or celery with peanut butter or hummus (my fav), beef jerkey or beef sausage bits, broccoli and stay away from any protien bars!  You want to avoid as much sodium as possible b/c that adds to bloating and the bars usually have a lot in them!  Eat lean protein and lots of veggies!

Hope that helps!
    Photobucket I finally married the love of my life! Planning Bio: Bio
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I just did the first 2 phases of the 4 day diet with Dr. Ian Smith. It really decreased my stomach. Basically no carbs or meat. Lots of green leafy veggies, beans, and brown rice. It was a really rough 8 days for me because I love junk food. But when I saw a difference in my stomach (not so bloated/full), I was pleased.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards