Iowa-Des Moines

Desperate to find this dress...

Hey, everyone, 

Ever since I got engaged (about a year ago) I've been eyeing Maggie Sottero's Aurelie. I haven't had any luck finding this dress at any of the shops around the DSM area.. does anyone know where I could possibly find this dress? Or has anyone worn this dress to their own wedding?

Thanks for the help ladies!

Re: Desperate to find this dress...

• edited December 2011
    Have you tried going to the Designer's website and searching for bridal stores that carry the collection? They would likely be able to order it since it's still listed on the designer's website.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/stores.aspx
  • edited December 2011

I'm sure you've probably tried Schaffer's, but it's possible that they could have you try on a similar dress, or let you know of any Maggie Trunk shows where you could try the dress on at.

• edited December 2011
    The store locater on the website suggested these three places:
    Indianola , IA 50125
    Party Palisades
    125 West Salem Avenue
    Suite #1
    Phone: (515) 961-2105

West Des Moines , IA 50266
    Schaffer's
    5465 Mills Civic Parkway Ste 206
    Phone: (515) 288-0356

West Des Moines , IA 50265
    Weddings By Design
    2020 Grand Ave Ste800
    Phone: (515) 222-966

I would highly recommend Hart's Bridal to you in Osceola.  The owner is wonderful, and the customer service is very personable.  Her store didn't show up on the designer's website, but it never hurts to give her a shot either.  Good luck!
    Smile
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know what size you would need but here is a size 12, new with tags, for sale: http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/9084/Maggie-Sottero-Aurelie-Size-12.html

I agree with PP's that you should see if any of the shops can order the dress for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • krysh2302krysh2302 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my Maggie Sottero at Schaffer at West Glen in Des Moines. I would call them and see if they could order it for you.

Libby Que helped me. She was GREAT!!!!

GOOD LUCK!
  • EJPintEJPint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it discontinued, or new?  I bought mine at Hope's Bridal in Atkins, it was a discontinued Maggie Sottero that I didn't see in any of the DSM area stores.  Buyer beware, Hope's isn't a bridal paradise, it's in a pink barn, and they do in fact have furry carpeting on the walls, but my dress came on time, with nothing wrong with it, and it was a pretty good deal. 
    Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!
  • lizrolinglizroling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice and help! I have called probably 4 or 5 bridal shops around the DSM area, and have had no luck. It's a newer dress, so I'm surprised no one has it, but I may have to do the loaner program at one of the shops (where they borrow a sample and I pay for shipping). 

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards