Snarky Brides
Options

Brief visit ideas - MSP

Anyone have "places to visit/things to do" ideas for MSP? Obviously, there's MOA and Ikea, but I'm wondering about some other ideas. J and I are going up for a weekend and I thought I'd get some ideas other than MOA (even though he's okay with that).
Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew

Re: Brief visit ideas - MSP

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2010
    The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden (the one with the spoon and cherry sculpture)
    http://garden.walkerart.org/index.wac

Walk around the lakes (Calhoun/Harriet) and get ice cream at Sebastian Joes (if the weather cooperates)

MOA obviously (and take advantage of the no sales tax on clothes!)

Twins game at the new Target stadium
  • Options
    We just went and had a great time just walking around downtown.  It was cool with the walkways between buildings. 

We spent a day and a half at MOA and it was a blast!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Definitely sculpture garden.  FI and I love the Science Museum, too :)

Where are you staying? Want any food recs?  
  • Options
    oh! if you're in the south suburbs (by MOA),  check out the U of M's Arboretum and Apple House!  www.arboretum.umn.edu
  • Options
    We're staying south of the city. I think we're eating in the hotel - it has a nice restaurant, and that way we  can both have a couple of drinks. We stayed there last year - it was a new Holiday Inn, and was really nice - both the room and restaurant. Breakfast kicked ass.

We did love MOA, and really enjoyed Moose Mountain golf. One of my favorite pictures of us is from there. I also discovered while there that thanks to my bypass (I'm assuming it was a player), a gas bubble in my intestine is breath taking - in a bad way. :) And no, not that kind. I thought it was a piece of a Chipotle chip.

I'd like the sculpture garden; I don't know if he would. I'll bring up these ideas, though. Hopefully it will be a nice weekend.  I don't think we'll have time for a ball game.

Thanks guys! Keep 'em coming if you've got them!

Oh Steph, also - unfortunately, he knows where (at least he) we are eating lunch Saturday. Argh. But that means I pick Sunday.  
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    The Science Museum is very nice. 

The Mill City Museum is neat and right next to the Guthrie Theater. 

I love the MN Zoo (not the Como Zoo). 

Canoeing on the St. Croix is another favorite thing to do for me. 

Restaurant: Chino Latino
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    VISIT MEEEEEEEEEE!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Missy- where did he pick for lunch?

ohhh Rho- LOVE Hell's Kitchen too.
  • Options
    ....Tacoville...

J&K - YESSS! Lunch one of the two days????
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards