Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Sandy Beach in Cohasset MA

Has anyone here dealt with the Sandy Beach Association in Cohasset?  I've been trying to contact them for 2 months now and no one will return my call...I recogninze it's the off season, but we need to know if we can use the beach for our September ceremony!!

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Sandy Beach in Cohasset MA

• Options
    Hi, we had our wedding there last July.  The association is run by one guy.  I'm totally blanking on his name right now.  But, if you call the Town of Cohasset, they'll give you the number.  I was able to talk with the guy a few times, but he was very laid back and was telling me not to worry.  I sent my request (you have to do it in writing) to him and it somehow got misplaced.  So, the second time I sent it I sent it certified mail.  I got permission and it wasn't a problem.  But, I was definitely on edge about it.  I think I got the final okay in March for July wedding. Good luck.  

It turned out absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad we had it there.  
  • Options
    Thank you SO much for your reply-I have his name and have called him a few times, but gotten nothing back.  I'm glad it's not just us...

Can you tell me what they charged you for use of the beach?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    It's free.  Once he sends you the letter that you have permission, it says they accept donations.  So after the wedding (I wanted to make sure we really got married there-we wouldn't have if it rained), I sent a check for $100.  If you have other questions, let me know.
  • Options
    elastigirl76elastigirl76 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Great idea-I think I'll do the same (wait to see if we actually use the beach). 

How many times did you have to call him before he called you back?  My fiance doesn't want me to keep calling them b/c he doesn't want me to get them angry...but I would like someone to call me back!

Did you rent any chairs or anything?  Sorry for all of the questions-but I really appreicate your input!
  • Options
    I called the guy once a week until I got what I needed.  I felt like that was appropriate.  It was very frustrating as I'm a bit type A.  We did rent chairs from Taylor Rental in Weymouth.  We got 30 chairs even though we had 80 guests.  I know that's not really great ettiquette wise, but no one complained to me.  The ceremony was pretty quick, prob 15 minutes at the most.  
  • Options
    You're the best-thank you SO much for answering all of these questions-it really has eased my mind.  (I'm also type A!!!)
  • Options
    You're welcome.  Glad I could help. :)
  • Options
    I want to thank you ladies so much for posting your questions and answers. I'm currently looking at using Sandy Beach for our wedding ceremony next year. Could I ask which one of the board members you wrote your letter to for permission of use? I want to get started on this ASAP so I don't have to worry about it when the day is close. A huge mahalo in advance!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards