Destination Weddings Discussions

WTF Wednesday

Its that day again.  Your WTFs for the week go here.
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: WTF Wednesday

• WTF is up with FI's family?

His parents are hosting the welcome pool party/rehearsal dinner, which we are very grateful for. My parents arranged everything for them, got the venue, got some catering choices, told them they would pick up the drinks. His mother called me telling me she has been stressing out and wants to cry because she is so worried about planning it . (This is the first time she has ever called me about the wedding)  My Mom had to call her and tell her everything was going to be fine and she will handle it, even though she is doing everything else.

My parents are also paying for his families lodging (which they complained about but I won't get into it). Now, last night we get phone calls from his brother and his mom complaining about transportation pricing, and telling FI how overpriced it is and how he has got to fix this for them. We already got a 50% discount, if they got a cab it would be 4x as much. After he explained to her the other options and told her to go book it herself then, she said "Oh, it wasn't me complaining, it was your brother who wanted you to get him free transportation. No need to be rude to me."  
    Grr! Sorry for the long post, I just had to get it out.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry about the in law issues Christina!!! Sounds frustrating.

I will go ahead and WTF my wedding guests. RSVP date is 5 days away. I'm waiting on 129 of you. I'm ready to say screw it and cancel at this point and nobody's invited. I'll just spend our minimum on booze and drink it all myself.  People suck.
  • Sorry about your stress Christina I.hope it all settles down for you. Sorry about your guests Brittany. Looking at your ticker and realizing that you are a month away your guests might be hurting themselves if they plan on booking so late if prices sky rocket. Have you thought about contacting the ones u think would be wanting to go? If it was me, although i want a small wedding, I would have been at the screw you part awhile ago! But i am a firm believer that it is their loss. But thats me and I.hope it works out the way you want My WTF is my job. When will they realize that I had too much work before and now another full time doctor, come on now.
    Anniversary
  • People are absolutely ridiculous Christina. I can't believe they are trying to suck more money from you guys and you've already covered a huge portion!!

Brittany-they must not be ready for all that awesome. I would send out a "friendly" little e-mail reminding them that Sunday's deadline is firm as you need to get final numbers in. Consider the lower cost a present!!

Meg- What do you do? 

My WTF is my nose....WHY IS IT CONGESTED?! I couldn't sleep last night, and I have 2 tests and 2 papers to do tomorrow. On top of that a million and one things to do for the wedding. And WTF my FI. I want to strangle him! He is no help, even when I am just asking for a suggestion on things. Then has the nerve to say he can't wait for all of this to be over! Seriously....you haven't done anything other than buy your suit (which he still doesn't even have shoes for!), order the clothes and shoes for the guys, and will be doing the music at somepoint. I know the music will be a huge deal (as he DJs) and I am not trying to downplay that, but I have been going at it for over a year! How do you think I feel?! Ok....I'm done! Let's all have a virtual bottle of wine together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Christina- So sorry you have to deal with that!  How ungrateful can people be??

Brittany- Sux that you are going to have to reach out to so many people!  If I was in that position I'd probably tell everyone I called that I need a yes or no right now...if they can't then I will answer for them.

Meg- It may be time for a raise and or for YOU to get an assistant.

Nicole- I am in the same boat with my nose except I'm not congested, I'm just itchy and sneezy!  How does one appropriately scratch the inside of their nose w/o being icky?? lol!  Also I love how your FI is super exasperated by all of the work HE's been doing, haha!  P.S.  I'll join you in 2 glasses!

My WTF is why won't my books balance???  I am sure it's a stupid error that's right in front of my face, but I've spent almost all morning on this and I still haven't figured it out!!!  I wanted to study at my desk today since the boss is out, but looks like that's not happening, UGH!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I do medical transcriptioning which means a new doc means more patients and more documents to.type! What type of wine are we having?! Sorry he doesn't have an opinion you'd think that'd make it easier but my FI the same and it sucks because you want it to be good for him too! Good luck with your books Nicole hopefully they work out right!
    Anniversary
  • Christina, Sorry you are dealing with that, I just can't get over the nerve of people sometimes!

Brittany - I agree with Nicole, maybe send out a friendly email reminding people! 

My W(hy)TF is - why am I nervous for my dress fitting?  I always  get so nervous for this kind of stuff - I think that I fear the most is after the alterations my dress being too tight and being uncomfortable all night at the wedding.  Ugh!
    Until we say 'I DO'! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    I should clarify...it's actually the AHR, not the actual wedding. Actual wedding is teeeensy tiny and everyone's booked. So I'll just have a party on my own!!! You guys can come...and I'll supply the wine :)

Trudy I was nervous for mine too but it went ok! But my next one is next week and I'm nervous all over again (for some reason I'm FREAKING OUT that it's going to be too short. I didn't think it needed to be hemmed but the seamstress said I'd regret it if I didn't...)

I'd also like to WTF my e-pix photographer. Totally unjustified but who cares. We had our pix done last weekend, he said it'd be 7-10 days but I'm SO ANXIOUS to see at least one little picture! Our shoot was a DISASTER  and he posted a bunch of landscape photos last night on his blog with a post about how he was feeling anxious so he wanted to go out and shoot for awhile. Of course ,I'm all "WHY ARE YOU ANXIOUS?! IT'S MY PICTURES ISNT IT?! THEY SUCK DONT THEY?!?!" Stop shooting pictures of milkweed and throw me a bone here, mister!!!
  • Julyet06Julyet06 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    Aww Brittany!  I can't wait to see your e-pics...that photographer better get it right!!

Also an update- my books have reconciled!!! so now I need a new WTF...

I can WTF this one "friend" soon to be ex-friend of mine...I sooo want to uninvite her to the wedding, maybe she'll get the hint if she doesn't get an invitation??

I sent an email to all of my friends regarding a walk that my family does every year.  She writes back "are you asking me to walk or to make a donation?"...what kind of question is that??  And that's all she wrote!  Everyone else sends words of encouragement and some even say whether or not they will make the walk/donate.  I understand if you can't make room in your budget to give and if you can't make the walk, but what was the point of her asking that?  Am I reading too much into it??

So many things she does irks me.  I'm going to commence Step 1 of Friend Phaseout...she's done! I don't need this anguish!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards