New Hampshire

What would you like to be served?

I posted this on the Boston Board as well.  Sorry if you're reading this twice.

I know there are a lot of foodies on here and I value your opinions.  Italian wine that my FI's family used to own will be on the tables.

Hors D'Oeuvres
Cheese, crackers and grapes
Fresh vegetables w/dip
Fried Calamari
Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Chicken wings

For the Meals:  Pleas choose 1 of the 3 family style meals or state if you would rather eat one of the single plated meals listed below.

1)  Mariscada served with a side of rice lobster, scallops, shrimp and clams in ahomemade red sauceNew York Sirloin Steak

2)  Paelha a Valenciana
a combination of meat (chicken and pork) and rice with a seafood garnish (clams, shrimp and lobster)
Sliced Filet Mignonwith Portobello mushrooms

3)  Spiced Homestyle Shrimp sautéed in special spices with a side of rice
Chicken Francaiseboneless chicken sautéed in a lemon sauce

or
Filet
Surf & Turf (shrip & prime rib)
Chicken

Thanks Girls!

Re: What would you like to be served?

• edited December 2011
    For a meal, I would choose the last option or the OR option. I am not a seafood eater though. Does a lot of your family eat seafood? I would take that into consideration.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    #3 but only because I don't eat red meat or fish....my only concern with 1 or 2 would be if you have shellfish allergies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would choose chicken, but I'm an unusually picky eater.  Sounds like quite the detailed menu, though, and I bet many will enjoy your different meals!! :) Where are you having your reception?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so on top of the surf and turf, but I looooove a good steak and some seafood. You probably know the preferences of your guests, but seafood can be an "iffy" choice for a lot of people. You either love it or hate it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
  • edited December 2011
    We'll be renting an independent hall and bringing a caterer in.  My family is Portuguese and FI's is Italian so there are lots of seafood eaters.

The first 3 family style options would be cooked separate and served on separate platters.

My family likes that the guest doesn't have to choose with the family style option 2 meals will just go on the table for the guest to take from.

FI's family wants the guests to choose beef, fish or chicken mainly to cut cost and they have never seen this done before.

Thanks for the input!  You girls are the best Wink
  • edited December 2011
    i am a vegetarian, so none of the above.
  • edited December 2011
    #1 for the family style is my favorite, and the surf and tuf for the plated meals. But I love me some seafood! Plus if you don't like seafood, #1 always has the steak...and c'mon, who dosen't like steak!!
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards