Wedding Party
Options

Pro- and Re-cessional

I'm having an outdoor wedding, and my FI and the GM's will be entering from along the side of the gazebo area. My MOH and BM, and the ring bearer and FGs will be coming from the house, down a set of stairs, and then down the aisle.

Would it be ok for my MOH an BM to walk down, followed shortly by the RB and FGs, then moi and my brother-in-law (walking me down the aisle)? I have a *child wrangler* as I am calling her, who can handle the little ones (RB and FGs will be 4.5, 7 and 5) but is that ok? Should the little ones preceed the women, who then preceed me?

For the recessional, I'm not planning on the little ones coming down with us - they will be seated for the ceremony, and we won't be having a recieving line (most likey). Do my BM's and the GM just go arm in behind us (moh and best man, bridesmaid and groomsman)? Can they simply walk together (ie no arm holding)?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pro- and Re-cessional

• Options
    edited August 2012
    For the processional, it's traditional to have kids go first, followed by bridesmaids and groomsmen, followed by MOH. Best man is usually already standing at the altar with your FI prior to the start of the ceremony. That said, there's nothing wrong with what you have planned and if it's what works best for your wedding party, go for it. As for the recessional, it's fine to leave the kids out and there's no need for anyone to be linking arms, other than you and your new husband.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    It's totally regional how it's traditionally done. My fiance and I have been having this debate because I've seen it one way most often, he's seen it another most often. 

How I've seen it most often- bridesmaids and then the kids and then bride- groom and groomsmen up front to start.

How he's seen it most often- kids, followed by groom followed by groomsmen and bridesmaids together, followed by bride.

Other variations involve having the groomsmen go in on their own, the groom on his own, the bridesmaids, then the bride and kids either at the beginning or end of the procession. 

Basically- do whatever you want and what works best for you and your fiance. There's nothing you really have to do besides get from the begining of the aisle to the end of it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards