January 2013 Weddings
Options

Weather

Is anyone else having their wedding in a cold climate (Mine is Green Bay, WI) and deathly afraid of bad weather?! 

Re: Weather

• Options
    Mine is in Philadelphia - so its pretty mixed.  It could be two feet of snow...or it could be 70 degrees like this past year.  I ahve no idea what to expect, which makes me nervous!!!  I'm trying not to think about it though...its one thing I have no control over! 
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm with laurbar, we could have 2 inches of ice coating the road or a love 70 degree day. I too am trying to not think about it.
  • Options
    I'm in Michigan and honestly hadn't thought of it until our officiant mentioned it at our meeting!  But 95% of our guests are also hardy Michiganders so I am confident that they can dig out and come if necessary!  We got a terrible blizzard a year ago and I still made it out and to work, and with our ceremony not starting until 6:30 I'm honestly choosing not to worry about this, especially because I cannot do a thing to change it!
  • Options
    I'm the same with the mixed weather... our venue is about a 40 minute drive for most guests (most everyone is staying the night -- it's at a state park lodge), and the road follows along the river and is pretty curvy at points.

I would LOVE for there to be snow for picture purposes, but the weather doesn't really matter as long as my guests arrive safely!
  • Options
    We're in central MA, which is more similar to NH, and we can get some pretty slick roads from time to time. I'm trying not to worry about it, because I know everything happens for a reason.

Did you know that a little light snow on your wedding day means you'll have a lifetime of happiness? I've got my fingers crossed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    im in minnesota but the venue is in the twin cities which they plow almost imideatly. i have no worries. i hope there is a light dusting for photos!
  • Options
    i used to live in minneapolis! and my FIs family lives in arden hills :
  • Options
    I am hoping for snow (like a dusting or snow that fell earlier) b/c I rescheduled due to the hurricane so I hope that gives me a reprieve lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards