Canada-Ontario
Options

venue?

so I'm recently engaged and starting the venue search (agh)
looking in Vaughn (ish) area
Wondering if anyone has ever been to/heard about any of the following (I'm deciding which places to go and visit and these ones have given great quotes!)
Crystal Fountain
Destiny
Le Parc

We're also open to any other suggestions!
shaun

Re: venue?

• Options
    blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Crystal Fountain is in Markham but I did visit them. I had my prom there years and years ago but the food was good. My sister had her wedding there several years ago, again the good was good.

I had an appointment there and although their prices were great (lowest I found anywhere) I was disappointed with the service. The man was rude and seemed to not want our business. We felt uncomfortable and unwanted. I didn't book with them even though I am on a budget because of how he acted. They were willing to do a deluxe open bar 5-close, four course meal, late night snacks and dessert table with cake cutting for $70/person all inclusive. (the upstairs room because I have a small wedding, he was willing to give us the downstairs room for no cost if there was nothing booked there on the date)  Still wasn't worth putting up with the attitude. (if he acted that way then, what happens when we sign??)

Le Parc I have heard great things about but I haven't been there.

Also in Vaughan, the Terrace Banquet centre, food is really good. Prices are average. (great in the winter!) The sales people were great, we were about to book with them when we found our venue.  The man we dealt with was friendly and seemed to want to help fit what you want into your budget. I attended a wedding there in 2009 and the food was good, the bar was run well too.

Boaden Banquet centre (Mississauga) good food, bar run well, prices are average.

I booked with Le Jardin (Vaughan Woodbridge section) Food was great and the people are amazing to deal with. Also prices are really good. I had a tasting there before I booked. (small charge but worth it) They are always willing to answer questions and very helpful.

A cab driver I had last week also gave great ratings to Le Jardin and The Terrace. (odd but he said he worked the halls for years, he said Paradise was overpriced and he was right)

I visited the Paradise and was disappointed. THe prices online somehow increased when we got there (according to the woman who helped us_ and for the same meal as other places, they wanted to charge $15/person more.  No explanation of why, plus a large charge for the ceremony. The woman asked if we were Italian and when we said no she continued to add things up and gave us her price. (I wonder what the price would have been if we were Italian) She did give us a speech about how the Italian places were the best.

If you can consider off-season I really suggest that.
  • Options
    shaunaceyhshaunaceyh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much Blush!
    I'm kind of stuck on the June 1 only because it's the anniversary of the day we met. It is a Friday so it works out to be a little cheaper for us most places!
    I will definately be referring back to this email!
    Thanks again,
  • Options
    blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friday is great too if you can do it!! Most halls would be so happy to give you a deal for friday.  Most halls don't want to do a tasting before you sign but I would just ask them about it.(most will let you if you pay) I paid to have an early tasting but at least I know what i am getting into. (both the Terrace and Le Jardin did this)

Good luck searching! 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    good to know... I'm also considering a cocktail reception (partially because it's a Friday but also because it's less expensive)... so many decisions!
  • Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Shauna,

We're thinking of doing a cocktail reception too with lots of food but I've been finding it's almost the same price as a seated dinner.  How are you finding it?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Jewel - I am open to the cocktail reception, but so far I'm finding that there's not too much difference in price, in which case, might as well do the whole dinner.

• Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear you - I've been finding the same thing.  But I like the idea of the cocktail reception because it's different.  But we'll see - we're still searching ourselves.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hey
    I am getting married in February 2012 at Bellagio in Vaughan (Jane and Langstaff).  It's beautiful, prices are great off season and pretty reasonable if during wedding season and the staff is phenomenal!

Sorry if I entered the conversation too late to help!

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding 3 years ago at Bellagio and it was beautiful, plus great food and entertainment!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nope, not too late!!!
    I'm not exactly on the ball with the planning (and I'm running out of time if I want a venue for June!)
    thanks for the tips!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards