July 2012 Weddings

bridal shower

Happy Saturday ladies!  Just thought I'd do a quick post about my shower last night.  It was so much fun!  My mom and sister hosted it. 

We really only played one game which I was happy about, since I think sometimes games can get awkward at showers. Everyone broke into teams of 3 and did the wedding dress from a roll of toilet paper thing.  The designs were surprisingly good and one of them even looked like it could be an actual dress out of material.  I don't have pictures of those since my mom took them, and she's slow to send her pictures to me usually. 

We also did a "how well do you know FI" thing, where they asked me questions that they had asked him.  People were shocked at how identical our answers were for most of the questions.  Like, word for word.  I was glad I didn't embarrass myself, but I guess after 8 years, we should know each other!

I'd have to say, opening presents in front of people is horribly awkward--especially when I was reading the cards beforehand. My little flower girl was adorable though, as she announced that I shouldn't let her mom open any presents, because they were just presents for me. Not sure where that came from, but it was cute.

It was a pretty good time overall!  And here's a few pictures for you:
The invitation (and flowers from FMIL):

Cupcake tower made from metal beach pails:

The cupcakes:

Luggage tag favors for the guests:

Opening presents...my best friend got me a set of our super soft sheets.  I'm so excited!

Swivel server set:

And on a side note, non shower related (just wanted to share a personal victory!): I ran for 2.5 miles this morning!  I went from not being able to even run for 2 minutes in March, to TWO AND A HALF MILES! 

Hope you all are having a good weekend!
Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview

Re: bridal shower

• Glad you had fun at your shower!  I cant wait for mine in June!  Way to go on the 2.5 miles!  Thats awesome.  I would die if I tried to run that far!

:)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congratulations on the 2.5 miles.  I know I couldn't run that far!  It sounds like your shower was a huge success.  I love the cupcakes they are way cute.  I can't wait for my shower in June.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Cute shower!!! Thanks for sharing :) And congrats on your 2.5 miles! I do 2 miles every couple of days, but 2.5 just seems like a ton more LOL 
    imageAnniversary
  • Congrats on the running achievement! That looks like a cute shower.

Anniversary
  • Yay for running! And thanks for sharing the photos from your shower - it looked adorable and I'm so glad it went well. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Adorable shower! I love all the pics, especially the cupcakes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG it turned out SO cute! I love the cupcakes, just adorable. Glad it went well for you :)

And yay on 2.5 miles! That's freaking awesome! 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Glad your shower went well!  We played the how well do you know FI game at mine, too.  I was mad that HE answered three wrong so that meant my answers didn't match his.  My BMs made me put a piece of gum in my mouth for every wrong answer!  Let's just say I don't love bubble gum anymore!
  • everything is sooo adorable!!! thanks for sharing!! 
  • Ally your shower looked so cute! I love those cupcakes! And yay on 2.5 miles, that would kick my ass haha
    Photobucket
  • So glad you shared... it looks like your mom and sister did a great job hosting.  Those cupcakes look SO GOOD.

WAY TO GO on completing 2.5 miles!!!  You're almost up to a 5K!  Keep up the good work.. it's very motivating to hear!  :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards