Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

trying to find prices for these wedding dresses?

So is it standard that you don't see the price for some of these dresses?  I just started looking... getting married in September.

I like James Clifford J21119 dress alot!, but I don't want to like it too much if it's like a $5,000 dress, LOL!!... and Maggie Sorreto, I like her too... but I can't find prices on these dresses?

Do I seriously have to go into the shops to find what these cost? I'd like to get an idea of what dress is out there in my price range before I start makiing appts?, or do I have this all backwards.

Re: trying to find prices for these wedding dresses?

• Options
    I think Maggie Sottero gowns run about $1,000 - $1,500 but I could be way off since I was going to look at her collection at a trunk show but I ended up finding a great bargain on a dress from another designer, at a sample sale.  Not sure about James Clifford.  You'll be fine to start shopping for dresses if you know what price range you're looking for, but not whether particular gowns you like fall within that range.  Bring in pictures of gowns you like and bridal salons should be able to use it as a jumping off point to show you similar styles which will fit your budget.  If you are looking for a particular style by a particular designer you could be in for a bit of hunt, and then you might not necessary like it on you once you finally do have a chance to try it on.

I would get some good worth of mouth from friends or relatives in your area who recently got married/purchased wedding gowns, or on your local board, start looking for dresses at shops where you know other brides had a great experience, and use the gowns you've seen online and in magazines as inspiration until you have a chance to try different styles and see what will work best for you, your ceremony, and your budget.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    Most Maggie dresses that I came across were around $1500-1800, but I know she has some less expensive styles too.

I'm not sure about James Clifford. For some reason I do know that he's out of my price range though and I gave myself no more than $2000 to get a dress (and I ended up spending only $360! Yay! lol)

Most stores won't release prices over the phone (at least here) but there's no harm in calling and asking. When I called a store or a venue I would tell them from the start that I wanted to know the price because I didn't want to waste mine or their time if I couldn't afford it, and this usually got them to let me know a price range. GL!
  • Options
    okay thank!, so another question, if you don't mind.. what exactly is a trunk show?  I see them here advertised, but not sure what they are.

Not sure how much I want to spend for a dress, I have no idea of the price range.  I am an older bride, 49yo, my first wedding!, and I will be 50 when I get married.. don't laugh, LOL!!... and I am wearing a beutiful dress... not wearing anythign boring or a "white suit!" (Nothing wrong with that, that's just me), so I am looking for something very pretty but not too crazy for an old lady like me, LOL!
  • Options
    A guess the best way of explaining a trunk show would be kind of like a sample sale, but with the newer dresses. You get a decent doscounted price, but I think you have to fit in their sample sizes. I could be wrong, I never went to one.

If you're budget conscious (like I was, my $2k dress budget got SLASHED to $500 thanks to other expenses) there's tons of preowned dress sites. Most of the dresses on there were bought brand new and never used or they are store samples, and some are gently used, but you can get a name brand dress for a fraction of the new cost.

As far as age vs. wedding dress, I am not one to judge at all. We have 3 children and everything else like a married couple...just missing the married part. I'm still wearing a veil and an ivory dress and I don't care if anyone thinks it's not proper because it's still tasteful and I'm happy with it, so more power to you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_trying-prices-wedding-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:398196e8-6626-464f-91d7-1c0e02d7eaffPost:137899e7-e187-4564-8dd1-c7679ca89b01">Re: trying to find prices for these wedding dresses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Knot shows James Clifford dresses in the $$$ price range and that is $1501-$3000. I saw some Maggie's in the $800 range while I was trying on dresses, but most of them were over $1000. Mori Lee has a ton of beautiful dresses and I saw several under $1000.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

okay thank you!!  I know there are so many beautiful dresses, I know I will find one... but it's crazy on where to start, there are so many.

thanks ladies... I will be on here alot more now... we are really starting the planning.  Second meeting with the deacon tomorrow... God willing this will all work and we will get married in my childhood church on 9/22/12.. at the age of 50.  I waited a long long time and never settled for anyone who didn't make my heart go pitter patter, and I was sure it would never happened to me... but there he was at a cycling maintenance class I signed up for on how to fix my own bike... we started biking some, it was a slow start, he was married many years ago and did not talk fond of his ex wife, and I saw that as a sign to "never marry him", LOL!!... but he turned out to be the most understanding man I have ever met.  I told him in 3yrs I would marry him, never thinking it would really happen... and he proposed at 1.5yrs in the relationship.  We have now been engaged almost 1.5yrs... so it's either now or never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so blessed... and he is just a gorgeous thing if I must say so myself!!  I just wish I had met him sooner, and maybe could have had kids.. neither one of us has kids, but he never wanted any, and I never met the man to have any, so maybe this is how it was all supposed to work out..  God's plan, not mine.  Excited and scared... but God willing on 9/22/12, I will be a married woman, gulp!
  • Options
    I think at a trunk show you will be able to see all of the designer's new styles and you get a discount if you order your dress that day.  I think it's usually something like 10% or 15%.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I'm happy for you OP! It's never too late to fall in love and be happy! :)
  • Options
    I was a 37 year old 1st timer.  I got a Maggie.  I tried on a LOT of her dresses - ranged from $800-1500.  There are SO many gorgeous gowns out there - don't let anyone say you need to wear a certain style because of your age - get something that makes you look and feel beautiful!

FYI - there is an 40 Plus Brides board (look to the left under Special Topic boards).  They seem to be a wonderful group!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think, firstly, you can googling the wedding dresses which in your price range, and you can take this photos download.

Then you have two chices. if you want to get your wedding dress from the reality dress store, then you can shopping with the photos. I think it will a litter higher price than the website price. You should think about the price range change.
    If you don't refuse to have your wedding dress online, then you can contrast the photos and find a custom made wedding dress online store.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards