Illinois-Chicago
Options

Engagement photo location in burbs

Hi all. I am getting married in Plainfield, IL with my reception in Lisle, IL. I am actually from Canada and am trying to plan this wedding from 6 hours away. Anyway, we are planning on our wedding photos being done at the Riverwalk in Naperville, but I was wondering if anyone had any nearby suggestions for engagement photos. thanks! :)

Re: Engagement photo location in burbs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our engagement pictures were done in Pilcher Park, Joliet. Birdhaven Green house, to be exact. Here are a couple of my engagement pics.

This is inside the greenhouse, in front of a waterfall.  It's open to the public, but they have weddings there often, so I'd just call to make sure they aren't booked.

This was outside in the actual park:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh that looks pretty and Joliet isn't that far :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Downtown St. Charles is gorgeous for any type of photo shoot. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We took our engagement pictures this past Saturday in Cantigny Park which is located in Wheaton. No permits are required but you have to pay $5 to park your car. It was well worth it. There were so many picturesque locations within the park! We saw about 6 bridal parties there taking their pictures on Saturday while we took our e-pics (don't worry the park is HUGE so it wasn't like people were running into each other). Cantigny Park almost reminded me of a beautiful estate. HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You might consider Morton Arboretum, It is at Rt. 53 and 88. I'm sure the colors are gorgeous right now and it's about 10 minutes from  Naperville.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did ours at the RiverWalk in Naperville. We did ours about now and the colors and everything looked great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards