Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

HELP with ceremony music!

I'm having a little dilemma. My brother-in-law will be playing an acoustic guitar for our ceremony music. I debated on whether to have him sing two different songs - one for my bridal party then switch songs for me or just to have one continuous song? If having two songs is okay then I want "Marry Me" by Train and "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis. Which would be better for me to walk down the aisle to? And what is a good recessional song to be played by an acoustic guitar? Thanks for help!

Re: HELP with ceremony music!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm currently in this exact same debate (different songs) for an acoustic guitar player. I'm not sure how to make my entrance special without ruining the flow of the songs. I think "Marry Me'' should definitely be the one you walk to. My recessional is going to be "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and my guitar player suggested "All You Need is Love" as a recessional, I just didn't want too much Beatles. So that would be a good one too.
  • Options
    raedeeraedee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I love the Jason Mraz song! My guitar player wants to actually sing the Elvis song, but doesn't feel comfortable singing "Marry Me" so I'm wondering if I should still walk to it, even though it will be instrumental...? I thought about a Beatles song, but I think I've decided on an acoustic version of "Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve!
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, I think it would be totally fine for you to walk to an instrumental version of "Marry Me".  All eyes will be on you anyway!  And if the lyrics to "Marry Me" are special to you, you could always print them in the program for your guests to read.  Just my 2 cents.  Whatever you choose will be the right music for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards