Iowa-Des Moines
Options

How much?

I saw in other border that some brides just have a clue that they are spending too much money in their wedding when they divide the total amount of the wedding budget by the number of guests. What do you think girls? Does it make any sense?

Re: How much?

• Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I've never thought about it as in a per guest thing. Do you add up your entire budget and divide that by the number of guests?
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yikes...I don't want to think about it that way...lol!
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    edited December 2011
    I have never split it up per guest!  If I do that, it will drive me crazy :)  Besides, some things aren't priced per guest like the venue, photographer, etc ... you aren't going to invite more people just to get your "price per guest" down.  That would end up costing more in food anyway!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That was the idea that I had; to know if we are spending a lot of money, once dividing the total budget by the number of the guests, you could have a number and it would work more or less ike this:
    $50 - $100/guest - average spending
    $101-$150 - little above average
    $151-$200- lot about average
    $201 - $ 300 - expensive
    $ 301 and above - very expensive

Well, following this formula, I am spending about $164.00 per guest, so I would be   lot above average; and I reckon that yes I am getting some different things for my wedding that are expensive. I was wondering if you girls, when do the same, get any number that fits your budget wedding profile?
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, So let me see!!

Well according to this I am only spending $40 a person. But we have a lot more people that we initially had planned.

IDK, I guess I'm more comfortable to look at the big picture and see if it's what your wanting to spend and adjust from there.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are right Medusia, this way of doing thins is much better and I don't feel like speding a ton of money....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards