California-Inland Empire

Bride on a Budget in Corona- HELP!

Hello, ladies!

I am just starting the wedding planning process and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about inexpensive ceremony/reception locations. My fiance and I both live in Corona and we don't want to go anywhere too far- Riverside and Chino Hills would be good locations, too. We just want to stay close which we figure would probably save us some mula!

We are on a pretty tight budget- all I can say is "the cheaper, the better". To be realistic, under $10,000.

Anyone have any ideas or experiences they don't mind sharing? Thank you so much in advance!

Cami

Re: Bride on a Budget in Corona- HELP!

• grnbutterflygrnbutterfly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello,

Temecula wine country has several beautiful locations for weddings.  You could plan and afternoon event and provide simple appetizers and beverages, and just pay for a site rental fee.  

Good luck planning!
    Jennifer
  • edited December 2011
    Green River and Eagle Glen has nice venues for locations. Also I have been people get married at Corona  by city hall I forget what it is called, there is an auditorium place. Also at Dos Lagos they have a lake/tent setting. they are super new so you could try that , they may be more willing to negotiate with pricing since they are so new.

I am in corona too with a budget very similar to yours and I have about 100 guests and am able to accomodate everything and I am serving a full lunch. My venue is at a hotel in orange county but it still can be done. I am sure too if you want to just do a park in corona you can too.

I am not sure if this can be done or who to talk to but the front lawns at CBU are so beautiful, I drive past nearly daily and the trees and green grass I am sure with a donation to the school they would work with you.
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at the Knot's Berry Farm Resort Hotel in Buena Park and we spend under $6,000 on everything. They include the food, cake, linens, ceremony, and reception location. You should check it out-tell Aida Mark and Christine sent you. She's AWESOME!
  • SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Imagine that in upland is great too.  I know you can have 100 people with just about everything but the DJ included for about 5600 .  Check out the rooms.  It is very pretty.  Just google imagine that + upland.  I am thinking of that for my venue as well :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • MadameCEO75MadameCEO75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Sarah B! I was actually at Imagine that not too long ago for my fiance's company party. We were in the Victorian room- the biggest one they have. It is not too shabby but check it out for yourself. We were considering it as a venue as well, but- as high maintenance as this sounds- the restroom facilities turned me off to the location, though! Serious water CLOSET!  I think they need to do some serious renovating about certain aspects of the room... it seemed a bit 1980's. That was just my impression of it!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to go look at it...We already have a venue for free but my mom is scared that if we have an outdoor wedding it probably rain.  I dont know though. This wedding stuff is stressful
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, definitely stressful! Our wedding isn't even until late spring/early summer of 2011 and we have already started looking. Cost is a huge factor in this wedding, but I still want things to be nice. It seems like all the venues out here in Corona want an arm and a leg!! If I could find a free outdoor venue I totally would take advantage of that and use the money elsewehere!

Here is a promising site I found the other day that you might want to look into:
    http://www.colettesevents.com/venues.html

I emailed the company a few days ago and I am still waiting for a reply, but the Meridian in Fullerton looks like a nice place and the catering service seems to be flexible with all budgets... I'll let you know how that goes for me!
  • edited December 2011
    Cami,

I tried Collettes as well becuase I am also on a budge.  The Muckenthaler Mansion is beautiful but the most expensive.  The Meridian Club is very pretty as well but it is right next to the freeway so if you have your ceremony there it can get loud.  The prices per person is not too bad however keep in mind that for every location you look at you will also be paying 20% service charge plus tax on top.  When we went after the service charge and taxes is was closer to $15000 for 120 people for the Meridian Club.  I found Etiwanda Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga was significantly cheaper and if you have your ceremony there they give you a discount.  Another option is the community center in Chino Hills is beautiful.  Just a few options.

Tanya
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also talked to a lady that will do the venue as well...Its
    www.cethosia.com. She plans it and its pretty cost effecient. Im also going to look at your suggestion :-)

Thanks
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TMAC- thanks for the heads up about freeway noise... what a stinkin' bummer!!! No way am I going to want to have to say my vows over the noise of passing cars! Gotta love California...

Sarah B- that cethosia.com site looks promising, but where are her venues? I am not seeing a link or even text mentioning what areas she has available. Her prices seem realistic but I'm having a heck of a time finding pictures or even descriptions of where the events can be held.

Thanks for all of your help, girls!
  • edited December 2011
    IE brides should take advantage of the fact that Koyal Wholesale is practically down the street from you!  We ordered our favors, centerpiece supplies and most of our reception decorations from them and had to pay for shipping (to NY).  http://www.koyalwholesale.com
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    give me your email and ill send you the pictures she sent me :-)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah B-
    MadameCEO75@live.com Thanks hun!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sent !
  • edited December 2011

Hi Sarah!  We are starting to plan my daughter's wedding, too.  Coincidentally, she is the Clubhouse Manager at The Champion's Club at the Retreat in Corona and from what I understand, it is very reasonable there and she will work with you.  Her name is Dominique, in case you want her number, just let me know.  She won't have her wedding there because who wants to get married at work?!  haa haa....good luck.....you can email me direct at yolandaoglesby@gmail.com

• edited December 2011
    Whoops!  Why did I think your name was Sarah?  Sorry!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yolanda- it's ok! Sarah is also planning her event so you're helping both of us!! :)

I had no idea that the Retreat hosted events, and rightly so since their website doesn't advertise that they do. I sent you an email so if you could let me in on the details that would be wonderful! Thank you!
  • MarcellaMunozMarcellaMunoz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

MadameCEO75.....I am getting married at Eagle Glenn. Our budget for 170 ppl is 10k and so far we are under budget.

I have a few vendors who have given me a great deal for having my wedding there as well.
    If interested email me at marcella.powers@ymail.com for more information if you'd like.

• MarcellaMunozMarcellaMunoz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yogi,

I sent you a PM.
  • amyweetheeamyweethee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried the Crestmore Manor in Riverside? It's beautiful and owned by the city so it's cheap. Also the Boathouse at Riverside's Fairmont Park. Also The citrus park In riverside its in La Sierra so close to Corona. The Mitten Building in Redlands is pretty affordable too. You can also try Padua in Claremont its beautiful there
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards