Pennsylvania-Central
Options

NWR: Looking for Hotels/Restaurant Suggestions for VDay Surprise for FI

Hi Ladies,
    I'm looking to book a nice hotel and a nice restaurant as a surprise to my FI.  We're in Southern York County and don't want to travel too far in case we get snow that weekend. I was thinking maybe the Harrisburg or Lancaster areas or maybe even the Baltimore area? I've looked into Hotel Hershey (a little too pricey), the Lancaster Marriott (not really romantic but nice) and the Inn at Leola. I'm still considering the rooms at the Inn at Leola, but the restaurant there isn't really our style, so if you have nice restaurant suggestions in that area, that would be helpful too! Thanks for the help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: Looking for Hotels/Restaurant Suggestions for VDay Surprise for FI

• Options
    rumer1017rumer1017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What about the Lancaster Arts Hotel?  It seems like a cool boutique hotel and there is a restaurant there and also right next to the hotel are several other places.  I've eaten at the Thai place right there and it was fantastic.  I made reservations for the 15th (my husband works holidays like V-day) at John Jeffries - the restaurant in the hotel.  Not sure what the deals will be like on the 14th though.

• Options
    djoann958djoann958 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Devon's in Hershey!!!! My favorite restaurant.
  • Options
    CLMaiorinoCLMaiorino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look at the Cork Factory Hotel in Lancaster.  It looks like they have a cool restaurant called the Cork and Bottle.  I haven't been there yet, but it seems pretty neat. 
  • Options
    sparklechic20sparklechic20 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    the arts hotel, the new one in center city downtown lanc, the cork hotel is nice too!
    hope you guys have a nice time!
  • Options
    redtails22redtails22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's an awesome little bed and breakfast in East Earl, maybe another half hour from the inn of Leola that is priced cheaper than some hotels. FI and I spent his birthday there. It's calle A Suite Escape. Stay in the Chocolate Suite if its available. Its amazing. You get breakfast served in your room and an out door jacuzzi that I think can be used all year round. Very romantic and some nice restuarants not to far away that the owners can help you with. If you are interested in something like that I would definitely look into them. I think it was like $140 a night. The website is www.asuiteescape.com
  • Options
    writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions Ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards