Ohio-Columbus
Options

Thoughts on Kelly Karsten's Flowers?!

I'm about to have a heart attack about my flowers...unreal how expensive!!  I have seen a couple people on the board write that they are having Kelly Karsten do their flowers, and was wanting any kind of feedback.  Is she reasonably priced?  I had an appt. with The Flowerman and while I like the lady helping, I was still blown away by the prices...especially when we have to do everything ourselves.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Thoughts on Kelly Karsten's Flowers?!

• Options
    i liked kelly but i actually got a better vibe and better pricing from eva at ecoflora. she does locally grown and organic as much as possible and she's wildly creative. i stumbled on her shop two blocks north of my house in clintonville and i adore her. so glad i booked her.
  • Options
    I am planning on working with Kelly. I live in MI but having our wedding in columbus and she has been extremely accommodating regarding planning from far away. She gave me a great quote for want I want.

My friend just met with a few people and flowerman was her best quote, it can't hurt to get a quote from her!
  • Options
    I used Kelly for my October wedding.  I thought her prices were great (and MUCH lower than the other quotes I got).  Plus, I didn't want the traditional lilies and roses and she was able to take my concept in mind and do something that looked fantastic.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    yes eva was my most reasonable quote by $300.
  • Options
    csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I worked with Kelly for my June wedding.  She came in about $50 more than the Flowerman but I got better flowers, more flowers, and delivery so it was a no brainer for me.  Pics below from one of our centerpieces, bride bouquet and bridesmaid bouquet.

image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've been trying to set up an appointment with Kelly for the last two weeks. I'm hoping I can chalk it up to being around the holidays. We just keep trading emails and was wondering if I should give up and move on. I had contacted her initially because I saw so many great comments about her on here. Our next tentative meeting is this Sunday, but I'm still waiting to hear back from her to see if this will work for her. I haven't met with anyone else yet.

I might check out Ecoflora. I'm not looking for anything too crazy, just reasonably priced.
  • Options
    I have been emailing her about a quote too. I live out of town so it is hard for me to meet. I'll let you know how it goes!
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Options
    She is a little hard to get a hold of, I met with her once and I was shocked by the amount of flowers but she was one of my cheaper quotes we are looking into kroger now see if that will be cheaper before we make our decision. 
  • Options
    interesting! Let us know how Kroger's sounds. That would be easier and I'm all for cheaper considering that flowers don't last. : )
  • Options

LOL, Yes! Anyone will knowledge about grocery store flowers please share!

I'm trying to focus all my expenses towards the honeymoon and the cheaper the better for everything else!

• Options

For those considering Krogers, Whole Foods, or others I would also suggest contacting Market Blooms in the North Market. They do wedding flowers and I've heard they are less expensive than the more traditional wedding florists.

BTW yesterday I sent Kelly a LOOOOOOOOOOONG email about what kind of flowers I want, etc. and heard back from her yesterday evening. We are going to try to meet this weekend, fingers crossed!

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Options
    We are only considering kroger because I use to work there and my mom still works there so we will get a discount and the florist there I love and I know she will do great, she said she hates doing them, but I have seen her work, I am just waiting on a quote! 
  • Options
    Kelly is hard to get a hold of because she's basically a 1 woman business.  She does have people that help her, but she does everything out of her house and takes care of all the client communication at home too.  She's very busy, so don't think she's ignoring you!  Hopefull she'll get in touch with those of you who have contacted her soon! She was wonderful to meet with, and even though we didn't end up going with her, I'd still recommend her!
  • Options
    This! I booked Eva, too! She is doing my October 2012 wedding for MUCH less than any other quotes, and I love the sustainability aspect, as well as the fact that I can be confident I won't have any chemically caused disasters with my wedding flowers. Her sketches were so creative and fun, and she has been awesome with keeping me informed and replying to any emails or phone calls very promptly. Love her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used Kelly for my December 31 wedding (still working on the vendor reviews!) and I LOVED the final outcome. HOWEVER, she caused us a lot of stress on the day of the wedding. She was supposed to go to our venue the day before to drop off the non-floral centerpieces, but she didn't. On the day of the wedding, she was supposed to be at the hotel at 3 to drop off all of the bouquets and boutonniere's...she showed up at 3:40. My mom tried to call her multiple times between 3 and 3:40 and she didn't answer. THEN, she was supposed to be at the venue at 5 to start setting up. (Ceremony started at 7.) She showed up at 5:45. Again, did not answer any phone calls between 5 and 5:45. She got everything set up in time and everything looked AMAZING, but it was super stressful not knowing where she was and to not even get a phone call from her when she was running late.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I Just  used wedding Flowers by Eleana. She did two of my friends weddings last year and they turned out amazing. Her prices were extremely reasonable and she had plenty of ideas for me. I am mentioning this because i was origially booked with kelly. After trying to keep incontact with her and a little reasearch I decided to part ways. Very Happy with my chioce!!
  • Options
    I had a wonderful experience in working with Kelly. She did an amazing job on my wedding flowers. I only had a slight idea of what I wanted and she created unique designs and bridal bouquets. My guests kept complimenting the flowers throughout the reception. She was professional and very easy to work with! I would recommend her to any other brides.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards