Wedding Party
Options

WPBP of the day

Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used?

Who cooks more; you or DH/FI?

Least favorite chore in your house:

Something you love to do after a long day at work:

DH/FI may not be perfect, but I love it when he ______________.
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Options
    Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used? I bought DH a food dehydrator because he likes beef jerky. We use that bad boy ALL the time! I'm currently drying herbs! And making fruit leather is really interesting.
    Who cooks more; you or DH/FI? Definitely DH unless you consider popping a WW meal into the microwave cooking!
    Least favorite chore in your house: Emptying the dishwasher! Bar none!
    Something you love to do after a long day at work: Play video games or watch a movie.
    DH/FI may not be perfect, but I love it when he admits he's wrong and means it.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used?
    Not that I can think of.

I would say me.  But he does help me out.

Cleaning the bathroom

Watch TV or play a video game.
    Always lets the dogs out in the morning so I don't have to get up and do it. :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used? Nothing out of the ordinary except maybe FI's dehydrator.  I never use it but he likes making homemade jerky. 

Who cooks more; you or DH/FI? It's about even - whomever gets home from work first makes dinner.  The other one cleans up

Least favorite chore in your house: all of them.  I hate cleaning.

Something you love to do after a long day at work: Lay on the couch reading a book and watching the news while FI makes a delicious dinner

DH/FI may not be perfect, but I love it when he took great care of me when I was studying for the bar.  gives me foot rubs.  extends his own workouts so I have no excuse to cut mine short.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used? We have an espresso/capuccino maker that we got as a wedding gift. When I registered for it, H said it was a dumb idea because those things always get used like twice and then never again. He is now OBSESSED with it (makes people have a coffee when they come over) and uses it most days.

Who cooks more; you or DH/FI? I do. He used to when he was doing his thesis and was home more than I was, but now that I always get home first I do dinner 90% of the time. For us it's just about who has time.

Least favorite chore in your house: Ironing. I do not do it.

Something you love to do after a long day at work: Especially now that it's winter and cold, I snuggle up in bed with the dog and watch TV.

DH/FI may not be perfect, but I love it when he gets up early to drive me to work just because he wants to do something nice.
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used? We have a panini maker, tea maker, and my favorite crockpot.  We also have some random kitchen gadgets that I have no clue what they do.  I like easy stuff that doesn't have to cleaned so, um, I do not  use them often. 

Who cooks more; you or DH/FI?  Uh - him.  I won't touch raw chicken.  It's a sickness.

Least favorite chore in your house: Actual cleaning, not just straightening up.

Something you love to do after a long day at work: a glass of wine.

DH/FI may not be perfect, but I love it when he is in a good mood, makes dinner and we split a bottle of wine.  These are my most favorite nights ever.
  • Options
    Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used? We have a juicer that I received from my boss.  It got used once, lol.

Who cooks more; you or DH/FI? Me.  Although if we're grilling, FI likes to cook.

Least favorite chore in your house: Washing dishes.  I love my dishwasher so much now.

Something you love to do after a long day at work: Relax and unwind in front of the internet.  Or knit while watching period films.

DH/FI may not be perfect, but I love it when he gives me a backscratch or hand massage "just because".

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    We have standard stuff, a mixer, blender, etc. We do have a fryer and rice cooker but they haven't been used yet.

Me, definitely. The only time he cooks is if he wants something on the grill.

Dusting. With my asthma, dusting sends me into sneezing fits.

Relax on the couch and read a book.

Washes the dishes without me asking.
  • Options
    Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used? No.  We do have a panini press that I haven't gotten to use much yet but will use a lot in the future and I love my pampered chef cheese grater that has a cup to catch and measure the cheese, even though I'm usually not a fan of pampered chef stuff.

Who cooks more; you or DH/FI? Me.  But DH helps with the prep work pretty often.

Least favorite chore in your house: Hand washing dishes.

Something you love to do after a long day at work: veg out.

DH/FI may not be perfect, but I love it when he makes me lunch and does the dishes when I really don't feel like it.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Interesting appliances? No, unfortunately my appliances are very boring. Our kureg(sp) coffee maker is the coolest thing we have; it was a gift but neither of us drinks coffee.

Who cooks more? Me by far. Although FI has started helping more. He is really good at cooking Mexican dishes and grilling out.

Least favorite chore? FI and I both hate to dust.

Something I love to do after work? I go home to play freesbie with the pups. I don't really relax much though. I try to do little cleaning jobs each day instead of everything all at once. Monday-dust, Tuesday-vacuum, Wednesday-dishes, etc.

FI isn't perfect but I love when he washes clothes, vacuums, randomly cleans up things without me asking.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used?  Nothign out of the ordinary!

Who cooks more; you or DH/FI?  Me but that's by default - DH travels for work so I'm the one who's home more.

Least favorite chore in your house:  Unloading the dishawasher.

Something you love to do after a long day at work:  Go for a long walk with the dog or meet friends for dinner / hang out.

DH may not be perfect, but I love it when he brings me flowers for no reason; sends me funny texts and sweet emails; and takes the dog out early in the morning (6:00am early!)  on weekends since I do it all week long while he's gone for work.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-197?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:14d89244-3714-4904-9983-19b59f7c46bfPost:cac10777-e968-45cb-a0ad-2b6119e13d6b">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Interesting appliances? No, unfortunately my appliances are very boring. <strong>Our kureg(sp) coffee maker is the coolest thing we have; it was a gift but neither of us drinks coffee</strong>. Who cooks more? Me by far. Although FI has started helping more. He is really good at cooking Mexican dishes and grilling out. Least favorite chore? FI and I both hate to dust. Something I love to do after work? I go home to play freesbie with the pups. I don't really relax much though. I try to do little cleaning jobs each day instead of everything all at once. Monday-dust, Tuesday-vacuum, Wednesday-dishes, etc. FI isn't perfect but I love when he washes clothes, vacuums, randomly cleans up things without me asking.
    Posted by suz62984[/QUOTE]

::Raises hand::    I'll take it!!!!!!!!!!!!   LOL - I love those things!! We totally should have registered for one!
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-197?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:14d89244-3714-4904-9983-19b59f7c46bfPost:d509c4bc-f3f5-4358-badd-cb90849e0f97">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used? We have an espresso/capuccino maker that we got as a wedding gift. When I registered for it, H said it was a dumb idea because those things always get used like twice and then never again. He is now OBSESSED with it (makes people have a coffee when they come over) and uses it most days. 
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

<div>We got one too for our wedding. I don't drink coffee, but DH uses it everyday. It's a nespresso one that takes pods so it takes literally 5 seconds. Yes, that was DH favorite wedding gift, it's very apparent.</div>
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used?I have one of those infomercial mini-food processor/ice shaver things. My sister bought it for me to aid in my frozen margarita habit. So, whenever frozen margaritas are needed, I use it. 

Who cooks more; you or DH/FI? Me, but he takes over when work is super busy for me and I just want to lay like broccoli on the couch.

Least favorite chore in your house:Washing dishes. Ick.

Something you love to do after a long day at work: Open a bottle of wine and play Rock Band.

DH/FI may not be perfect, but I love it when he makes me laugh so hard I can't breathe. It's hard to be upset with someone when they're so humorous, light-hearted and genuine.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    suz, you can also make tea with the kureg.

Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used?  milkshake maker.  We used it all the time last summer, but not this summer b/c FI has been on a diet.

Who cooks more; you or DH/FI? about even, but FI will probably start doing more b/c I'll be working til 9pm Tues/Thurs.

Least favorite chore in your house: taking out the trash

Something you love to do after a long day at work: watch tv with Noopy.

DH/FI may not be perfect, but I love it when he ______________. brings me pastries!
  • Options
    Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used? Probably the most interesting appliance we have is a quesadilla maker.  We go through spurts with it.  One week we will use it almost every day and then a month or so will go by before we use it again.

Probably me.  We usually make dinner together but I always cook breakfast on the weekends and he doesn't really help much with that.

Laundry.  I just hate sorting it and washing it, then remembering to put it in the dryer, then lugging it back up two flights of stairs, then hanging it all up/putting it all away. boo.

Take a nap!!!

DH/FI may not be perfect, but I love it when he catches bugs and lets them go outside instead of killing them.  One night I swear he chased a moth around our room for 10 minutes before he caught it and then let it out the window.  Except for spiders and earwigs...I generally just say "KILL IT KILL IT"
  • Options
    Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used? I have a really cool electric slicer/mandolin-type thing...I haven't really used it for grating but it's awesome for slicing veggies :) I use it whenever I need relatively even slices haha
    Who cooks more; you or DH/FI? Me, definitely
    Least favorite chore in your house: Well, I'd say laundry but since FI does that, I hate doing dishes...I have no problem making them but I hate washing them!
    Something you love to do after a long day at work: I'm a SAHM, so "work" is 24/7...but I do get to go out one night a week to hang out with my friends...
    DH/FI may not be perfect, but I love it when he hugs me...since we were kids, no matter what I was going through, when he'd hug me, I'd feel like nothing could bring me down :) He's an excellent snuggler...maybe cuz he's like a big teddy bear :D
  • Options
    Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used?  I got DH a meat grinder attachment for our KitchenAid for his birthday, he's used it a few times.  We got a deep fryer as a wedding gift, but we haven't used it yet.  Soon, though.  I'm craving Monte Cristos.
    Who cooks more; you or DH/FI?  DH, definitely.  I've told him that I don't mind doing some of the cooking from time to time, but he loves it.
    Least favorite chore in your house:  Laundry!  I hates it.
    Something you love to do after a long day at work:  I usually just Knot and watch TV.  Playing video games is great, though.
    DH/FI may not be perfect, but I love it when he sends me sappy text messages out of the blue.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used?   No, live with parents.

Who cooks more; you or DH/FI?  Definitely me.

Least favorite chore in your house:  Cleaning the bathroom

Something you love to do after a long day at work:  Have a margarita !

FI may not be perfect, but I love it when he washes my car every Sunday and is always on top of oil changes, etc.
  • Options
    Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used? No, but I'm sure after we register we will...FI loves all kinds of kitchen gadgets.

Who cooks more; you or DH/FI? Definitely FI.

Least favorite chore in your house: Dishes.

Something you love to do after a long day at work: Lay on the couch and have a glass of wine, or go out for a yummy dinner.

DH/FI may not be perfect, but I love it when he wakes up in the morning with me.
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-197?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:14d89244-3714-4904-9983-19b59f7c46bfPost:7481fee3-8c5c-4d39-a7c7-71c31dfe5082">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have any interesting appliances in your kitchen? How often do they get used? No, but I'm sure after we register we will...FI loves all kinds of kitchen gadgets. Who cooks more; you or DH/FI? Definitely FI. Least favorite chore in your house: Dishes. Something you love to do after a long day at work: Lay on the couch and have a glass of wine, or <strong>go out for a yummy dinner</strong>. DH/FI may not be perfect, but I love it when he wakes up in the morning with me .
    Posted by saxy414[/QUOTE]

Saxy, you have me craving Skyline coneys with no onions now!!!!
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards