African American Weddings
Options

4 mths left..

My best friend/ maid of honor backed out and told me she couldnt afford to be my MOH... she couldnt afford a bridal shower for me (which she knew i didnt want) and (bachlorette party to nyc to stay overnight and get massages and go clubbing..which i told her was to expensive)... Would you replace her or just have no MOH at all? i had a small wedding party to begin with (4 girls incl her)

Re: 4 mths left..

• Options
    Do you feel that any of the women you have already picked would be okay being the MOH?  Or would they feel like you put asked them by default?

Personally it wouldn't bother me, whatever I could do to make your day a less stressful as possible is how I see it.

If not, you could have them (the BM's you currently have) be in charge of specific activities too.

It's your wedding you could do it how you see works best for you.
  • Options

I could make one of them my MOH, i've known her for a long time but, she is the type to say "now you want to pick me cause your original MOH left" (drama) lol I think i'll keep it the way it is because she has been absent from my life for a few weeks (not answering calls, fb messages) so i have been doing things on my own anyway. Thanks :)

• Options
    I wouldnt ask anyone to step up i would just add another bm
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_4-mths-left?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:885a4da1-dbbe-44ba-926c-0ae386435483Post:ab4ad8e3-19d1-4925-9dcf-73161f82a53e">Re: 4 mths left..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldnt ask anyone to step up i would just add another bm
    Posted by kthowell[/QUOTE]

I agree!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would just keep the bridesmaids you currently have as bridesmaids.  You don't necessarily need a MOH.  However, if one of your bm's offers to be your MOH, then that would be ok.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Options
    I did not have no moh, just 3 bm. It worked out fine! No headaches. Leave who you have in the wedding and not add more. You could be adding more stress....kwim?

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    I dont think you need a replacement. Your wedding is less than 4 months away and for someone new to step up to the plate and get a dress and whatever else your BM are going to do for you may be to much pressure.
  • Options
    I agree with PP to leave it as is...and if a BM steps up to the plate to assist then open it up to her!
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options

So sorry for the MOH dramas. I would replace her with a BM. I would have all the BM's and MOH wear the same dress, bouquet, etc. If that is how you planned it. Your chosen BM will understand if you need her to step up her duties and fill the slot. If she comments about it being by default, in all honesty it is. But that doesn't mean that you wont' appreciate her just the same. Just give her an extra special MOH gift when all is said and done. Just my opinion....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards