Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Silk Flowers

Ok, so my wedding budget is virtually microscopic for various reasons, and one way of cutting costs which I had considered was to have a silk bouquet. Has anyone had/seen silk bouquets and what did you think of them? I've never knowingly seen one so have no real clue what they're like in real life. I'm not even convinced I want a bouquet, but I think I need something to carry.
Married! "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Re: Silk Flowers

• Options

I have seen a few. They were not all that exciting, but they make really nice keepsakes-- my mom still has hers. If you have a Michaels near you, I'd check them out. They have floral designers that make all kinds of stuff all day long. You can snoop around and get ideas. They now make fake flowers that look and feel real. They are more money than the old kind, but they are really nice. They'd at least be worth a look while at the craft store.

Photobucket
  • Options
    My wedding budget is also very limited - $100 for all the wedding flowers, including my bouquet and centerpieces. Honestly, I would avoid silk flowers and either go for a bouquet alternative (feathers, fan, etc) or get flowers from the supermarket the morning of the wedding. I'm buying my hydrangeas in bulk from Sam's Club but they always have beautiful flowers in store - I'm talking 24 stemmed rose bouquets for $20.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I haven't started on the bouquets yet, but I have pictures of the satin flowers I'm going to be using for them. You can check in my bio if you'd like.

You should look at some other bouquet alternatives, like those button bouquets or some made out of feathers.
  • Options
    Honestly, I hate silk flowers. Making your own simple bouquet/centerpieces are easier than you think. If you look at some of the bulk flower places- why not do a simple bouquet of roses or hydrangea for yourself and BP, and then maybe a nice candle with some petals on tables, and have a local grocery store make the boutineers?

I'm in Boston, so I'd be happy to come show you how to make a bouquet - I bet you we can find real flowers for you and make them great. If you really want silk, go for it- but I'm happy to help you if you need a hand. I was an event planner for 10 years. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards