Chit Chat
Options

Is this normal?

Hello ladies, 

I'm writing to ask if it is normal that I cannot focus on ANYTHING lately except my wedding, my husband, our future life together, etc. I still have more than 2 months until the wedding, and it's basically what I think about 97% of the time. 

What makes it even worse is I am self-employed and a PhD student trying to write my dissertation. The first portion is due a couple weeks before my wedding. It is just NOT happening. I feel really guilty. I'm trying really hard to do my best!

Is this normal?!?!
Anniversary

Re: Is this normal?

• Options
    Whoa! Freudian slip. I meant future husband! haha!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I think so.  I am still 222 days out and that is about my brain too.  Maybe you could use it for good tho.  Like everytime you finish a page, allow yourself ____ (fill in with wedding related stuff). 

That is how I made it through the end of the semester!

Good Luck and congrats on the PhD.  Such a big accomplishment!~
  • Options
    Completely, especially when doing a dissertation. Everything is more exciting then thesis writing. Don't beat yourself up about it. You could use WR things and dates with your FI as rewards for getting things done.

Good luck with your PhD. It's such a big relief when it's all done.
  • Options
    Ahh, thank goodness I'm not alone. I'm usually such a driven, ambitious person, can't sit still, always have to be working on something. Now I'm just like, "Whatever, I don't care, I'm just going to look a wedding stuff on TK" or "I'm going to watch wedding proposals on YouTube" or I'm going to hunt around for deals for our possible honeymoon spot. Seriously though, I haven't written anything worth keeping for like, a month. I am just feeling so behind, but it really is a relief to know it's normal.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards