Wedding Woes
Options

Dude. That's not how Craigslist works.

In my quest for a food processor, I found a cheap one on craigslist (new in box, and I'll probably bleach the thing anyway - don't get all "garage sale makeup" on me)

I contacted the seller. She just wrote back "Going to meet someone Sunday who want it if he changes his mind I will let you know."

Seriously? Today is Thursday. Why would you wait until Sunday if someone is willing to show up at your door with cash in less than 30 minutes?

Craigslist FAIL.

Re: Dude. That's not how Craigslist works.

• Options
    Because it is first email, first serve.  I guess some people just honor that.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

That's a good way to fail to sell your stuff.

When that dude stands her up, she'll regret spending four days turning down.

• Options
    True.  But then again, maybe you can get a better price by then? 
  • Options
    I usually honor first email, first served. But if I were the seller in this case, I'd email the other guy and say "Other person will give me $10 more if I sell today. I'll hold till Sunday for $15 more." 

But I'm evil like that. 
  • Options
    ugh I sold something on craigslist once, and never will again. It mostly ended up being people harrassing me for a lower price, even after I'd already sold it for the price I was asking.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have two words for you:  Microwave Roaches

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ew ew ew
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

ugh.  OK, ok. ::off to amazon to purchase a new one::

• Options
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_dude-thats-not-craigslist-works?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:907db4c0-37b9-4037-a009-ab9cd0b8259aPost:39b79998-477f-4fb1-a014-5e4de3e714bf">Re: Dude. That's not how Craigslist works.</a>:
    [QUOTE]seriously, how much is a food processor brand new that used (albeit, NIB) is the first place to look? sometimes paying a little extra to know where your things are coming from, and to have a receipt, is worth it. the ninja is like $40 at <strong>BB&B with a coupon.</strong>
    Posted by Wifezzilla[/QUOTE]

How I purchase everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards