Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Aft-facing rooms on cruise ships

My FI and I booked a cruise for our HM. We got a penthouse suite on the back of the ship. Think I'll have any problems with motion sickness? The penthouse suites were only available on the back (aft-facing) so it's not like I had a choice, unless we wanted to downgrade rooms. I'm gonna get the patch just in case, but I want your thoughts on whether there's a big difference between a mid-ship and an aft-facing room. We're pretty high up in the ship, but I'm still worried. Advice please! Thanks!

Re: Aft-facing rooms on cruise ships

• Options
    I've never stayed at the back of the ship either, we're always in the middle. But as pp mentioned I usually lay out in the back of the ship during "At Sea" days and you'll notice the ship's main dining rooms are usually at the back of the ship. If you don't have any problems at dinner then you should be fine in your room as well. If you're worried about feeling sick make sure to talk with your doctor before leaving about getting the patch to go behind your ear or just load up on OTC motion sickness remedies. They also have it down in the infimary in case you feel sick while on the ship and don't have any medicine for it. HTH!
  • Options
    I've stayed on the back of the boat several times and it's fine. The worst place to be is on the front of the boat...middle and back are much better. I've been on many cruises and have stayed all over the boat and never gotten sick and I get car/motion sickness pretty easy.

Just a suggestion...get the wristbands rather than the patch. The patch pumps in medication to your system whether you need it or not. The wrist bands are on your pressure points which somehow helps seasickness. Bring some non-drowsy dramamine and only take it if/when you need it. Just a suggestion though!
  • Options
    There is more motion in the back that in the middle.  Just take some meds with you and take them if you get seasick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards