California-San Diego
Options

Reception sites near the beach

Hi Ladies! This is my first time here and I'm hoping you can help :) My FI and I just moved to San Diego from the east coast and have decided to have our wedding here. Therefore, it is going to be relatively small (approx 50 pp) We really would like to have a beach wedding and have found some great places to have our ceremony. However, we're struggling with finding a place for our reception that is 1.) not to pricey and 2.) can accommodate a smaller group. Most places have either a guest and/or food minimum . Anyone have some ideas or suggestions for places that are on the beach or bay that would be perfect for a smaller reception and not too expensive? I appreciate the help and best of luck to all of you as you plan your big day!

Re: Reception sites near the beach

• Options
    SexilexiSexilexi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not on the water but it close.  Check out the Darlington House in La Jolla.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's what our plan is:) I'll give you the list that we had Kona Kai (this is what we ended up doing) - 3k min on food for the coronado room / patio(pays for room as well as food), fits up to 75. if you do 50p u can have sitdown meals, and the $550 bev min and still get away w/ being in the min. otherwise u can use displays and carving stations to get under the limit. Wavehouse (mission beach)- a bit unconventional, but i loved the atmosphere. however you would have to share part of the area w/ others as it is a restaurant/bar. all outside. 50pp min and if on Sat may have additonal fees Breakers Beach - on Coronado Island on the naval station, beautiful beach, makes me think of florida. 75p min but about 25 bucks a person. its a deck on the beach w/ a small inside. its not very well kept up but the view is beautiful. Carlsbad Seapointe - I liked this place but FI didn't as much. High ceilings, beautiful view altough u do overlook the pool as well. 1k for weekday, 1.2k for friday, 1.5k for sat. can bring in any caterer. Coronado Community Center - on Coronado Island, more along the grass instead of a beach. Also across the street are lots of skycrapers. Very classy decor and patio. about 1k for 5hrs and have to use an approved caterer. The Beach House - Cardiff by the Sea - restaurant but can rent out main room. Gorgeous view. 42min pp? Haven't seen marina village but i do hear its one of the cheapest places. i looked at pix online but the interior was all white, would have been hard to decorate. I hope this helps! I was quite lost when I was looking for places too. Its hard to find near a beach and yet not have it outrageously priced.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the San Diego Rowing Club, it's not mentioned a ton of these boards, but I've seen pics of events there that are utterly beautiful.Good luck!www.sdrc-row.org
  • Options
    rachelmikirachelmiki member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ocean view villas- great place for family to stay and an amazing view. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards