Outdoor Weddings
Options

Park setting overlooking ocean.. not sure about decor

Hi there.  Our wedding is in a really pretty park that is perched on a cliff above the ocean. It is very pretty!  So my wedding is in 9 WEEKS... and so far I have the place reserved and I bought my dress yesterday.... that is is! I don't want to go overboard on ceremony decorations, because I feel like that place in its self is just beautiful, but was I am thinking is the white chairs, and hanging some pomanders from every other chair, rose pedals on the grass and my friend had an idea of using some birch tree branches with crystals and smaller pomanders hanging... I guess I am having a hard time invisioning it since it seems a little more fancy.. what do you guys think, or do you have any other suggestions?  The colors I wanted to go with are red and possibly brown or green.

The reception, isn't really a reception, we have both been married previously, so we are just having big party after at a family members home. 

TIA!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Park setting overlooking ocean.. not sure about decor

• Options
    I personally would just do the chairs and rose petals for you to walk down the aisle on.  Mother Nature gave you everything you need at no extra charge.  This is one of those situations where less is actually more.
    Live life to the fullest and love like you've never been hurt or heartbroken. image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second the pp. I don't think you need the birch trees. Nice chairs and some flowers will be more than enough.
  • Options
    How funny - this sounds exactly like my ceremony location! You can look in my bio for some of my ideas... but I agree with jess that less is more. We're going to have rose petals in the grass/aisle, 3 roses tied to the aisle chairs, and probably nothing at the altar. I think the ocean is enough of a background that we don't need an arch or anything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks.. yeah, I am thinking of going with the less is more!

Apple_Green.. love you site!! So pretty.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think that just having the ocean there would be beautiful but I do love the tree idea! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards