Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Thoughts/feelings on waiting to see groom until ceremony

Hey ladies! This one probably will be best answered by those already married, but would love to hear bride to be's input also!! How many are waiting(waited) to see groom till ceremony? And take pics together afterwards? Thinking about all pros/cons of both, curious to see how if those of you who ididnt wait, see how you feel about that part of the day looking back on it now.

Re: Thoughts/feelings on waiting to see groom until ceremony

• Im definately waiting...and even though we have a child together and live together now we are still going to spend the night apart to, I just kinda want to follow that in tradition. I might however plan to take pics without seeing each other but touching each other, I seen some great pics on pinterest where they have a door in between each other. Plus I have a videographer and I def want them to capture his face seeing me for the first time. If you plan on seeing him before, I would make it a more private moment with no one else around.
  • We did not wait. Our wedding ceremony was at 6:30, and at the same location as the reception, so there wasn't really time to take pictures inbetween the two. We did a first look, and took our bridal party and family pictures ahead of the wedding. It was great for me, because I was nervous about saying my vows and- well, the whole day actually! And my H is my rock, so having him with me kept the nerves away. 

From what I've read- both waiting and not waiting are equally enjoyable! It's just a matter of what YOU two want. If you two want to wait, you'll feel best about waiting. If you want to do a first look, you'll think it's the best thing you've ever done. It's just up to how you two feel as a couple! 
  • We decided about a month before the wedding to do a first look and we are SO glad we did.  We were against it at first but as I planned our timeline, it became apparent that the timing would work so much better this way.  What I loved is that we got great pictures of that first moment and all the stress was gone so we could enjoy everything together.

It's definitely a personal choice and the moment will be special no matter when you do it so just do what is best for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards