Ohio-Toledo
Options

Check(s) and question

This weekend I...
-finalized times and colors with the hall
-helped MOB pick out a dress
-chose the tuxes and got the groom and best man fitted

Yay!  My goals for this week are choosing a florist and a baker. I don't live in Toledo and I have no idea where to start.

Any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Check(s) and question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristy from the Bake Shop!  Inexpensive, beautiful and delicious.

Pollynn Flowers for the florist.  She was so great to work with, creative, and very reasonably priced.
  • Options
    jessatenjessaten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Cherry Lane Cakes and Pollynn Flowers.  I would recommend both!
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Kristy from the Bake Shop!!!   Can't say enough great things about her!  

And my florist was Sharry's Touch -- super friendly, incredible prices, great work. :):)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Brieschke's Bakery in Sylvania and absolutely loved my cake.  The guests all said it was the best cake they had ever tasted. She is priced very well, too.  We also used her for my bridal shower cake, my HS & College graduation cakes, and they've all been fabulously delicious.  I can't say enough about Brieschke's.

For flowers, I used Craig's Flowers and Gifts on Alexis Rd.  I thought my flowers were gorgeous.  They did an excellent job and the price was right, too.  My priest was thrilled when we told him we had booked Craigs, "Oh! That's good!  They're the only florist in town that won't screw you over!"  I'm sure that's not entirely true, but it felt good to hear that we had made a good choice from someone who deals with weddings and funerals for a living.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_checks-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:1f1f7f0c-1703-4e8b-9e98-d049a32cac88Post:251be008-4fd4-45ca-9ab7-51b820d7eb12">Re: Check(s) and question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another vote for Kristy from the Bake Shop!!!   Can't say enough great things about her!   <strong>And my florist was Sharry's Touch -- super friendly, incredible prices, great work. :) :)
    </strong>Posted by Merin[/QUOTE]

I second this!! She was absolutely amazing and probably my favorite vendor that I met with.  Her prices were fantastic too.  419-866-5045
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    jesselyn&kjesselyn&k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Buggy Whip Bakery in Wayne. Jen is super friendly, the cake is delicious and it is very reasonably priced! My aunt is doing our flowers so I don't have any recommendations there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    medatcmedatc member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_checks-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:1f1f7f0c-1703-4e8b-9e98-d049a32cac88Post:2116740a-fd94-4010-a827-75dde73a46cd">Re: Check(s) and question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Check(s) and question : I second this!! She was absolutely amazing and probably my favorite vendor that I met with.  Her prices were fantastic too.  419-866-5045
    Posted by cschuma2[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Is Kristy located in Fayette?</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards