California-Orange County

Best Shops to Shop for a wedding dress? In Orange County

Hi Guys! 

Wanted to see what your opinions were on where to shop with many options and resonable prices. My budget is $1000 for a dress. So excited and can't wait!!!

Re: Best Shops to Shop for a wedding dress? In Orange County

• edited December 2011
    For $1,000.00 my first though is Davids Bridal or Alfred Angelo.

I do have a friend who found a great dress on sale at Mary Me Bridal in Orange (Off Chapman Ave) for an awesome price. They have a WP shop too which is where I found my WP dress.

Good Luck!! Laughing

• edited December 2011
    I saw dresses at Mariposa Boutique in Anaheim for $1000. I tried on a few for $800 - $900 and they were beautiful! They have a large selection and good customer service. Although I didn't buy my dress there, I really enjoyed my shopping experience.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lovemadduxlovemaddux member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to recommend Marry Me Bridal too.  They were great for me.  Got my dress there for $800 and about $160 for alterations.
    They offered me a discount, so you might be able to haggle a bit with them.

I also had an amazing experiance at The Dresser in Fullerton.  Great staff, no pressure and good prices.  I would have gotten my dress there if they had it available.

Another way to save money is to purchase a corset dress.  That way there will be less in alterations (no side alteration).  I was able to get away with losing weight and not having any alterations.  Also if you are shorter (under 5'6" with your heels) you can order some dresses in petite size.  

I don't recommend Davids Bridal.  Went there once and it was horrible.  They are high pressured and called me almost weekly to see if I was ready to purchase.  They sold my email address and phone number and I still get calls (married for 4 months now).  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • edited December 2011
    You might be able to find a dress you like at Jinny's Bridal in HB.  Good luck!
  • DeannaCWDeannaCW member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had two great shopping trips so far, one at Mariposa Boutique in Anaheim, though tbh gowns were around the $1000 range and that's still too high for me.  Also went to Paradise Creations in Laguna Beach, they have all sorts of dresses, even a couple racks of those in the $200 range :) And had fantastic service as well :)
  • edited December 2011
    my wedding dress is from alfred angelo and is from the disney line. it was only 1100 and that's the disney line, which i thought would have been far higher. the people there were amazing! never felt pressured and super helpful in narrowing down my unfocused idea of what i thought i had wanted. i would say start there because i tried on tons of other BEAUTIFUL dresses for less than mine, they just didn't fit my body type. i then bought my bridesmaids dresses from mariposa! super nice staff there too! and mariposa the set up has this huge lifted stage type of thing where the fitting rooms are so its like you are presented on a stage with each dress you try on....super fun!
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ferndales in the city of Orange has a great selection as well with dresses under $1k.  I bought my dress there, the service was awesome and the sales ladies are really nice and well informed about their dresses. 
  • edited December 2011
    I second Mariposa. They had a really good selection and allowed photography. The Dresser was pretty good too. Mary Me Bridal was so-so; I didn't like that they cut their tags.

I would avoid Ferndales Bridal. I bought my dress there and had a really bad experience with their alterations. I ended up having to go to another seamstress a week before my wedding for emergency alterations to fix their incompetence. For more details, read: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/alterations-distress-courtesy-of-ferndales-bridal.

Also, check out Yelp for bridal shop reviews.
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_shops-shop-wedding-dress-orange-county?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:61426c32-5cbe-49b1-ae2e-e57c1faf064aPost:3f7a983d-6aa8-4362-b0ea-ea6467cd863f">Re: Best Shops to Shop for a wedding dress? In Orange County</a>:
    [QUOTE]I second Mariposa. They had a really good selection and allowed photography. The Dresser was pretty good too. Mary Me Bridal was so-so; I didn't like that they cut their tags. I would avoid Ferndales Bridal. I bought my dress there and had a really bad experience with their alterations. I ended up having to go to another seamstress a week before my wedding for emergency alterations to fix their incompetence. For more details, read:  <a href="http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/alterations-distress-courtesy-of-ferndales-bridal" rel='nofollow'>http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/alterations-distress-courtesy-of-ferndales-bridal</a> . Also, check out Yelp for bridal shop reviews.
    Posted by CindyP1[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!  I bought my dress already but I can always take it else where to alter.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_shops-shop-wedding-dress-orange-county?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:61426c32-5cbe-49b1-ae2e-e57c1faf064aPost:5df1e32e-4a99-43d8-94ae-8006d4c222a9">Re: Best Shops to Shop for a wedding dress? In Orange County</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Shops to Shop for a wedding dress? In Orange County : Thanks for the heads up!  I bought my dress already but I can always take it else where to alter.
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>You're welcome.

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    where else did you take it for alterations? I bought my dress from The Wedding Day, in ft. Valley- love the dress however alterations are expensive there!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards