Florida-North Florida
Options

Sunrise beach wedding

we are thinking about having a sunrise beach wedding in St. Augustine, Fl.  Do you think this is great idea?  Any ideas to make this sunrise beach wedding sucessful?  Thanks!

Re: Sunrise beach wedding

• Options
    alicia1369alicia1369 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    we are thinking about having a sunrise beach wedding in St. Augustine, Fl.  Do you think this is great idea?  Any ideas to make this sunrise beach wedding sucessful?  Thanks!
  • Options
    I read about someone else planning a sunrise wedding awhile back (i wish i could remember which board) & can tell you what I remember:
    - be prepared for alot of vendor complications - especially if you're planning an early-morning reception.  Vendors don't like delivering stuff extremely early - but i'm sure you can work around that (maybe night before deliverys). 
    - This changes your reception style - if you have a reception.  The girl i heard of doing this was planning a breakfast reception w/ mimossa bar...so cute!  She still had cake but no DJ/band and some other traditions.  
    - be prepared for fewer guests.  Some just won't want to wake up and those with kids prob won't show for a very early ceremony. 

All-in-all, i love the idea but think the complications that go along w/ it aren't for me. Good Luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just make sure that your photographer is equipped with a low light lens so your images do not come out dark. Most photographers will be willing to work with you if you book early enough in advance.

http://calvinboldenphotography.ifp3.com/#/gallery/weddings-engagements/0056/
  • Options
    A sunrise beach wedding would be amazing, but I do have to agree with the first post. You may run into vendor problems and possibly no guests, due to the early time. But it's about what you want and what you would love, so if you love it go for it!

And if you're needing an officiant I would recommend It's Official! http://www.itsofficial.webs.com - Affordable and willing to travel!

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards