Moms and Maids
Options

Gift idea for Mother of Groom?

Hello! Thanks for helping me out as my wedding is in just 18 days!!! YIKES!

Quick story - my mother passed away from cancer last november....so I was so lucky to have my groom's mother help me plan the entire wedding! She has really gone above and beyond anything I could have ever wished for...especially since the wedding is in her town and I live over 1000 miles away. 

I would love to get her something very special for the wedding or maybe do a cute surprise at our reception...any ideas?!?!?!

Re: Gift idea for Mother of Groom?

• Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if you are doing something for the ceremony but I really like the "gift giving" where the B&G give a gift (most of the time roses) to each of the moms. So not only can you honor your FMIL, you can honor your mom as well (placing the rose on an empty seat or giving it to your father or other close relative). 

For an actual gift some B&G write heartfelt notes to give to them and later give them wedding photobooks as gifts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think a bouquet of roses and a toast to the best mom in law ever at the reception would be a wonderful thing to do.  
    So happy for that relationship already... congrats!
  • Options
    shrlynrse1969shrlynrse1969 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about treating her to a make-up artist for the wedding?  Or a spa day, pedicure, manicure, hair-do?  Can she keep one of the centerpieces to take home?  A toast is a great idea.
  • Options
    HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_gift-idea-mother-of-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:15ac0356-57de-4f77-9b3e-ca52935959fbPost:3494a531-139c-47b1-989f-60607f33193b">Re: Gift idea for Mother of Groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure if you are doing something for the ceremony but I really like the "gift giving" where the B&G give a gift (most of the time roses) to each of the moms. So not only can you honor your FMIL, you can honor your mom as well (placing the rose on an empty seat or giving it to your father or other close relative). <strong> For an actual gift some B&G write heartfelt notes to give to them and later give them wedding photobooks as gifts.</strong>
    Posted by AutumnFair[/QUOTE]

I wrote a really nice thank you note and we gave them a nice silver frame with our wedding photo in it.  It actually had several wedding photos if they wanted to change it to one of us with them or us with all the siblings and parents.  They really appreciated.

Think twice about doing a memorial that is so in your face.  Look through posts in the Ceremony board about memorial ideas.  Sometimes such a blatent memorial can really dampen the celebration of your wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards