Nebraska

Silk Flowers or Real Flowers?

Which flowers did you prefer?? I want Silk just to keep it forever, but also want real, just because looking online silk flowers don't look all that real.

Re: Silk Flowers or Real Flowers?

• edited December 2011
    I used real flowers just because I wanted them to smell fantastic.  I figured our wedding pictures will be enough to remember my bouquet.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am having real flower, but silk for a tossing bouquet. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing silk, since FI is very allergic. Fine with me! :)
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I've known people who have used both for the reception/ceremony.  Generally, silk flowers were used for cake toppers, bouquets, etc. and real flowers were used for centerpieces or real petals were sprinkled on the tables and cake table. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using silk for some of the centerpieces, but for the bouquets, corsages, bouts, etc...we are using real.

If you're looking for a budget friendly florist check out the one I'm using. Her company is called Fleur De Lis concepts. She's located in Eagle, NE, and she's doing my entire wedding (8 bouquets, 5 corsages, 11 bouts, and 3 gallon size zip locks full of loose rose petals) for $330 =]
  • edited December 2011

You can get silk flowers that look every bit as beautiful as fresh, without the perishability factor.  So real that one would have to touch them to be sure!  Plus some are even made with a "real touch" feel to them!!  Look at the stores that carry good quality stems.  Sure you can get them at the discount stores, but you get what you pay for. 

• edited December 2011
    Artificial flowers have come a LONG way in the last few decades. Today, you can find amazing artificial bouquets! Your bridesmaids won't feel the difference and your photographer won't see the difference. Check out www.UrbanFleur.com for some beautiful contemporary options. They'll also work with you in creating a custom bouquet at a great price.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards