North Carolina-Outer Banks

Matt Lusk Photographer

Hey Ladies,

I know i'm OBSESSING about Matt Lusk recently and using him and his photography.  It's pretty much a given as long as he's available on our date, which every indication is that he is next September '12.  I was wondering if ANY of you ladies have used him or are using him?  If so, do you mind sharing some of your pix to see more of his work besides what is on his site?  Let me know how I can get in touch with you.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what package did you get with him?  Cost?  Was it enough coverage?  Etc.  Wondering everything and anything about Matt Lusk!  Thanks ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Matt Lusk Photographer

• edited December 2011
    I thought he seemed very nice. FI and I were considering his 1800 package plus an extra hr, if I remember correctly

• edited December 2011

I loved his pics. And he just seemed to be a really cool, chill guy. We were going to use him, but ended up going w/someone we're bringing in from Raleigh. She charged us the same $1800 price, but it was for unlimited coverage, not 4 hrs or whatever his was. But as far as OBX photogs, he was one of my favs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

@Teach Why didn't you decide to go with him?  And untimately who did you go with? 

Did either of you meet him/wife in person? 

We are getting a package for unlimited coverage, both of them, 3 DVDs with all pix in high res, TTD session, etc. for $2500.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FI's college roommate was now available for the date of our wedding. He's a photographer. We originally didn't think he was going to be able to make our wedding (he lives in LA), but he's able to. :)

I really liked Matt Lusk, though. I never got to meet him in person. I only talked to him through email, but he always got back to me within in a few hours, sometimes even within a few minutes.

I also loved Bridget McEnaney. She was AMAZING!! She even tried to help us find a photographer when she already told us she was booked for our day. Here's her site:

http://bridgetmcenaney.com/

She's in Raleigh, I think. But, if you'd prefer a photographer that's actually in the OBX, I'd DEFINITELYgo with Matt.

Good luck :)
  • tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using him!  He's also doing our Trash the Dress and I've loved workign with him.  Met him in April when we went down to visit- he and his wife work together, which I thought was great, too.  We're doing the $1900 package and I'm confident it will have everything we need, if not more.  It's only a few weeks away, so I'm happy to post pictures afterwards!!  I'm sure you have plenty of time, being a year in advance, so if you want to wait for my (and anyone else's) full and honest report, I'm sure you'll be fine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Would love that TCI!  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ftdr2bftdr2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used him for our engagement photos and are using him for our April 2012 wedding. Loved working with him and we really really were impressed with our photos. He did an AMAZING job, I highly suggest him!
    Mrs. Lauren Barry
  • edited December 2011
    @ftdr any chance you can share some of your photos with me?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_matt-lusk-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:5f0b9596-6603-42fc-8d33-49bb3d13a6d8Post:2d80c80e-8efd-4279-be1e-fdac0e43f39a">Re: Matt Lusk Photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ftdr any chance you can share some of your photos with me?
    Posted by Phillyboy06[/QUOTE]
    with me too! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JAK33JAK33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi all,  I am also considering Matt Lusk. Love his work and he seems very responsive. The rate he quoted me was 2400 for 5 hours including the proofs for 2 photographers.  Can I ask what package he offered many of you for the 1800/1900?

Thanks so much!
  • ftdr2bftdr2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not sure how to attach pictures. If someone can tell me how to do it I will gladly share our pictures with you guys!
    Mrs. Lauren Barry
  • ftdr2bftdr2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    here is the link to his clients page that has a lot of different stuff from weddings, engagements etc pictures. Ours is the barry shouldis engagement. 

Mrs. Lauren Barry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards