Kentucky
Options

Lexington Vendor Reviews

Although my husband & I got married in Lexington, we're currently living in Pittsburgh.  As a result, we didn't get to interact much with our vendors in person.  That said, we were VERY lucky with ALL of our vendors :)

Ceremony: St. Paul's Catholic Church--We mainly worked with Chrissy, and she was great :)  The church is beautiful!

Ceremony Music: Beth Mankel, http://bethstudio88.com/
  She was a little more expensive than we had anticipated spending, but her music was beautiful (she sang and played the piano), and she was extremely professional. 

Cake: Mondelli's Bakery:  Delicious!  Again, our guests loved the cake & the butter cream.  Mondell's cakes aren't as fancy as some of the other bakeries, but they taste great!  They don't charge for decorating, or for multiple flavors.  We also had them make horseshoe shaped sugar cookies for our favors, and they gave us a discount since we had also ordered a cake. 

Reception: Red Mile's Round Barn- Most of our guests we're from out of state, so we wanted to give them a little KY flavor.  While we considered other horse venues, the Round Barn was so pretty, and Angie Falcone was extremely nice.  We couldn't have been happier!!! We got some many compliments from our guests on the food, and we felt that the price was very reasonable considering it was after all a wedding (especially compared to what hotels typically charge). I highly recommend the bread pudding with bourbon sauce.  It was also helpful that the Red Mile took care of the catering as well as the linens, tables, and dinnerware. Most importantly, we got the venue for 6 hours (regardless of when the reception started), which meant that there was plenty of time for dancing!

DJ: Matt Jager (Sounds Around Town)  Matt was great, very professional & friendly.  He did a great job at playing the type of music we requested, and he nicely tailored the music as the night progressed (e.g., Adult/family friendly music early on)

Last but not least,
Photography: Jessica Houtz www.jessicahoutzphotography.com/">http://www.jessicahoutzphotography.com, Jessica & her husband were spectacular!  We really liked that they took both staged (more traditional pictures) as well as more artsy photos.  Jessica's portfolio was easily as good as other photographers who were charging double, and she was very pleasant to work with.  She also did a great job at managing our two large (and loud) families.  For just over $1,000, we got her for 6 hrs and a DVD with all 1000+ high resolution images.

*I uploaded a few pictures of st pauls, and the round barn

Re: Lexington Vendor Reviews

• Options
    MattoxMillerMattoxMiller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We wanted to look at the Round Barn but we've heard they don't have AC. Was this an issue for you? We're thinking May 2012 so it shouldn't be too warm, but I'm a bit nervous to risk it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards