Wisconsin
Options

Comments on other vendors - Appleton, WI area

Thanks for the quick responses on the cake question - I really thought it would take months for comments to trickle in.  So I thought I'd get your thoughts on the following:

Reception/Ceremony - Lawrence University Warch Center (locked) (I'd be particularly interested to talk to someone who had their wedding here.  The space is pretty new, but we loved it.

Caterer - Bon Appetit (locked).  Would love to hear if anyone has worked with them before, as I am required to use them at Lawrence.  

Photographers - We're likely going to use Bill Kapinski (http://kapinskiphotography.com) as he did my sisters wedding and is pretty reasonable in price.  I also liked Alex & Natalie (http://alexandnatalie.com/), though they were very pricey (4k if you wanted the digital prints).  I'm open to suggestions on this one.

Cake - Discussed in a previous thread.

Dress - Completely open.  I went to a few places in Minneapolis (where we live), and don't know anything about the bridal shops in the Appleton area.  Recommendations/comments appreciated here.

Flowers - Open to recommendations

Transportation - We will likely use the Lawrence University shuttle.  Not fancy, but it will get the job done.

Reheresal dinner - open to suggestions.  My sister had hers at The Good Company, and it was a disaster.  

Anything else I'm forgetting?  

Thanks in advance for your input!  It saves me from scrolling through years of posts!  Smile

Re: Comments on other vendors - Appleton, WI area

• Options
    Well I didn't have a reception there, but I went to Lawrence and the Warch Center is just beautiful. I've been to plenty of catered events there and they're always very classy and well done.

As for Good Company, it really depends on the size.  If you keep it under 20, they can usually do a good job, because they have a couple private rooms you can use.  Over that can get messy.

As for your dress, DO NOT use David's Bridal unless you want to buy off the rack.  I found my dress there for a STEAL off the rack, but ordereing my BM dresses was a headache x100000.

Cake I already mentioned to you.

I haven't used those photographers, so I'm not sure about them.
  • Options
    Dress- the bridal event. Cant say enough great things... I am from Appleton and got my dress there. I now live in Milwaukee and this is where my wedding will be. There are lots of bridal shops down here, but I still chose to go up north to the bridal event.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    Flowers... I can PM you but I have a friend that works as a designer at a flower shop in Appleton. I DONT wanna come across as a vendor (because I definitely as not lol). If you are interested let me know...

I would also recomment Memorial Florist in Menasha... They do great work
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_comments-on-other-vendors-appleton-wi-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:368d6e68-c8a1-4496-8416-67932534dd3fPost:7b6e52b0-d968-4da7-8075-3ce6325919d8">Re: Comments on other vendors - Appleton, WI area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Flowers... I can PM you but I have a friend that works as a designer at a flower shop in Appleton. I DONT wanna come across as a vendor (because I definitely as not lol). If you are interested let me know... I would also recomment Memorial Florist in Menasha... They do great work
    Posted by jonesma204[/QUOTE]

<div>Please do - and thanks to the others that have responded thus far, much appreciated!</div>
  • Options
    Daisy Fields Photography is an amazing photographer for the price!  I love her pictures!  She did our engagement photos and I absolutely love them!  I couldn't be happier!  She has a website and she is on facebook (some of my pictures are on the website and the facebook page!!!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    I would definatly recommend the Bridal Event for your dress.  I got both my dress and my bridesmaids' dresses there.  They also have tuxes downstairs.
  • Options
    Definitely the Bridal Event. My friend planned her wedding in 4 months, and she got her dress and our BM dresses on time and with no issues. I plan on looking into them for my dress too.

As for photographers, if my fiance's aunt doesn't want to do our wedding and just be a guest, I've been looking into Blackberry Kisses (http://www.blackberrykisssesphotography.com, or look it up on Facebook). She has LOTS of sample albums on the Facebook page, and they are all beautiful. A bit pricey, but part of the package price goes to a charity, which is a nice gesture. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards