California-Los Angeles

Dress Shopping - Where Should I Go?

Hi everyone,

I'm newly engaged and just started planning our August, 2011 wedding at Demetria Estate Winery in Los Olivos.  I'm also pretty new to the Knot, so sorry in advance if this is something I can easily find the answer to elsewhere (if so, can you please direct me there?):

I've just started dress shopping and am looking for recommendations on stores I should check out.  I need something sophisticated but not out of control expensive, probably $1-2K.  So far I've heard about La Soie in Torrance and Dina's Wedding Dresses in Santa Monica.  Any other recommendations?  I live in the South Bay but can travel anywhere in LA. 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Dress Shopping - Where Should I Go?

• edited December 2011
    I DEFINITELY recommend Mon Amie in Costa Mesa and ask for Nataly.  She is amazing.  You can tell her your budget and she will stick to it and she knows her stuff.  They have 4000 dresses, they brought me 7 to try on and I found my dress in the first 2 hours!  Some people haven't liekd this place but I think it matters if you have the right consultant.  I had the best experience!
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pebbles in Woodland Hills has a great selection of designers.  Also check out The Glamour Closet in Hollywood.  They sell designer sample dresses for a deep discount.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • RizzWeddingRizzWedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have been to the La Soie in Pasadena and the customer service has been outstanding. The selection is great, but not overwhelming. The price range for their dresses also falls into what you're looking for. I'm guessing the stock in Pasadena and Torrance is similar, if not the same. If you live in the south bay, you should try the La Soie there. Even if you do not get your dress there, you will most likely walk out knowing what style you want (and they let you take pictures).

Some places that other brides have recommended to me are:
    -Pebbles in Woodland Hills
    -Glamour Closet in Hollywood (sample dresses)
    -Mariposa Boutique in Anaheim

If you are looking to rent a gown, there are a few places around Downtown LA:
    -Wedding Time
    -Eden Ever Bridal House

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had a nice experience at Pebbles.  My budget was only $500 and they had plenty for me to choose from.  The girl who helped me was so sweet.  With your budget, you'll have tons to try on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I loved my experience at Lili Bridal in Tarzana.  I went on a weekday and must have tried on 30 dresses.  Maria is awesome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I saw a couple of brides in dresses from David's Bridal - I have to admit, not as bad as I expected - a few were very elegant and lovely. Might be worth checking out. Also, there's a HUGE bridal shop in Pasadena called Mary Linn's - huge selection, but can't vouche for their prices.
    KRISTEN SIMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHY *** Weddings, Events, Portraits, and More! *** www.kristensimental.com
  • KfmarriedKfmarried member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Jobyna's in Glendale.  I went with them because they were one of only two places that could get the dress I most wanted to try on (Alyne Bridal- style Jacklyn) flown in from Canada. 

I'm not sure about the price range of the dresses they have in stock since I only had to try on that dress to know it was the one! 

Customer service was top notch though! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • echavez311echavez311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend La Soie in Pasadena, their service is definitely excellent!  And as mentioned above, their selection is not overwhelming.  I went to quite a few places, but the bigger the boutique, the more overwhelmed I felt.  Pebbles in Woodland Hills has good prices, but I was not fond of their store, nor their service...it was just "ok".  It looked cluttered to me.  Good luck in finding your perfect dress!
  • missallexxissmissallexxiss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, everyone -- your suggestions are tremendously helpful.  I'm going to look into all of them and am sure I'll find something I love.  Thanks again!!!
  • iwringiwring member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggest Love Boat Bridal at Temple City. They have alot selection of wedding gown. And, I know they have Trunk Show coming this weekend and next weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards