Offbeat Weddings

Ceremony Indoors or Outdoors?

I am getting married at one of my favorite parks.  I have the choice to have my ceremony indoors (cabin-looking wood walls with stone fireplace (http://www.laphampeakfriends.org/trekker_lodge.html) or outdoors.  We are very outdoorsy people, so that is ideal, but WI weather can be so iffy.  I don't want a tent, and having it outdoors would require us to rent chairs (we can use the indoor ones free if inside).  I'm leaning towards indoors since it is a nice building (no AC though for August!) and it is less costly and involves less hassle (renting & setting up chairs).  Thoughts?

Additionally, this building is one large room which doesn't lend itself to having the girls in the bridal party hidden onsite prior to the ceremony.  No big deal, the girls & myself will arrive just on time, not prior.  However, I'm wondering how others have handled getting ready.  Would we do this at someone's home as a group, or just do it on our own and show up?  Should I just ask my girls and go with what they want?  The nice part about being outdoors was that we could have used the building for prepping...

Re: Ceremony Indoors or Outdoors?

• We are doing something similar. We are getting married at a camp and having the ceremony in the barn. I am getting a hotel room nearby for the girls to get ready in and then my husband and I can stay there that night. We might get a second room for the guys if they want it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards