Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

General extensions ?'s

I have never had or known anyone that has had extensions.  I am interested in possibly getting them for my wedding in May 2013. I just want to know general details about them:  1. what kind is best?…I have thin straight hair and I want a longer/thicker look nothing too crazy at all and nothing that is the least bit noticeable. 2. How long before the wedding should I get them. 3. How long do they last?

Thanks  

Re: General extensions ?'s

• It depends on your hair type. I have had them several times. My hair wont hold them long. A week or two, maybe 4 at most. Different people are different. I've only had glue in not sew in. I wouldn't have them done too far in advance because they dont last very long. Maybe a day ahead, or even day of if you can allot the time. 
    Vacation Anniversary PitaPata Dog tickers
  • My hair is on the thinner side and pretty straight, which I feel is the type that won't hold them that long either. Thank you for your imput!
  • Thanks as well I am thinking of getting extensions as well as my hair is thin as well and I want body and lenght for my April wedding
  • I wore extensions for 3 years, but have had them removed recently. Naturally my hair is dense but very fine. If you get extensions I suggest getting the bonded (glued) type and make sure you get real hair. Otherwise it looks terrible. The longer the extensions, the more expensive they are. Pros: It gives you such thick hair! Looks amazing. looks natural Wash and style like natural hair Cons: You need have a special brush Knots can form the scalp Extensions can come loose and fall out ( embarrassing!) Very high matainence! Need to them redone every 2 to 3 months... I went 4 months before
  • Also you loose lots of hair when you take them out... My hair got so thin, I felt like I was going bald.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards