October 2012 Weddings
Options

question about flowers...

My theme is based off of my favorite flower: the sunflower. We are going for a yellow and grey color theme. While doing research on sunflower wedding ideas, I found that most of the websites say that sunflowers are for summer weddings. I would consider sunflowers september/october-ish too, right? Possibly sunflowers and white garden roses.....any suggestions/comments? Thanks!!!

Re: question about flowers...

• Options
    edited May 2011
    It's your wedding. Choose whatever flowers you want. Laughing
    October 2012 Siggy:Pets!!!
    Current pet:Zeke
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream pets:Great Dane & Yorkshire
  • Options
    I think they are generally more of a summer flower, but what is generally meant by that is that they grow mostly in the summer, and it will probably be more expensive to have them in the fall, but possibly not! I would definitely say go for it, though. Sunflowers and white garden roses do sound like they would make a wonderful combination!
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com image "The death of a beautiful woman, is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world. " - Poe
  • Options
    love those colors, and i agree i think you should do whatever you are happy with, and also i think sunflower colors are fall'ish too.

but i wouldnt stress too much about "fall colors"  its your wedding and your day, if tahts what you like go for it.   we are using all beachy blues as our colors i could care less if someone says its not "fall" lol
    Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Eval is right that sunflowers are generally around in the summer months. Last year for my gramma's birthday in August we did a huge family reunion, and her favorite flower is the sunflower. It was very hard to find sunflowers. I had to have them specially ordered for the event, and they costed more.
    If you are fine with paying more and trying to get them, I think that you can definitely have sunflowers for an October wedding. I dont think they are for just summer weddings.
    weddingpic
  • Options
    Hhmm, I think of them as fall flowers! Weird, I didn't realize they were summer flowers. I was planning on having my bridesmaids carry a couple sunflowers tied together with ribbon,so I say go for it!
  • Options
    http://www.seriouslyflowers.com/fall-flowers.html

accourding to most sites on seasonal flowers Sunflowers are listed. They are a late summer/ fall flower :) you will be just fine. In face alot of fall bouquets I have seen have had a few sunflowers in them.
  • Options
    I agree with the other ladies. It's your wedding and if you want sunflowers, then you should have sunflowers. I've seen some fall weddings on TV that have had sunflowers incorporated into their bouquets/decorations. Also, I've had sunflowers pop up in my garden and they bloomed from mid-summer through the beginning on fall, so I think they could definitely be considered "fall flowers".
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • Options
    I also think of them as a fall flower.  I think your colors sound great, btw.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.jeremyandsarah.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards