California-Orange County

Name Changing - 2 middle names??

I thought I had figured this all out, but I think I may have been self-misinformed...

Does anyone know for CERTAIN that you can have TWO middle names on the marriage license and/or legally on driver's license/SS card/etc?

I finally decided that I wanted to keep all my names and also take my husband's to be last name so that i would have the same last name as him and our children.

So, I would be [first name] [middle name] [middle name] [husband's last name]. -- /> (ie. Samantha Mai-Lin Lee Jones.)

It seems  though that according to the San Diego County marriage reqs and The Name Equality Act of 2007 [gives specific rights to parties at the time they are applying for a California marriage license to choose and list on the marriage license the new name that each party will go by after marriage. Please refer to the
Name Equality Act.] I can't have two middle names without hyphenating them???!!!

I'm a little peeved because my middle name is already hypenated and I don't want two hypens in my middle name! I don't want to be (Samantha Mai-Lin-Lee Jones), I want TWO middle names! -- />

ANYONE KNOW OF HOW THIS WORKS???? THANK YOU!!!!

Re: Name Changing - 2 middle names??

• I would call the county clerk's office. I know that the Orange County clerk's office also responds to questions by email. They would probably be very helpful in what you can and can't do.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards