North Carolina
Options

HELP: Used event/party planners w/ a reception hall experience?

Hi! I am a corporate meeting planner and am used to planning conventions/conferences at a hotel with meeting space.

Now i'm planning my wedding, and it's totally different! Most hotels feel too 'cold' and 'work-like' for me, so I really want a nontraditional place in Wilmington, NC (where we live).

With all the vendor coordination, it seems most logical to book a party planner to work out the logistics for food, linens rentals, etc.

Anyone have any tips, suggestions? I really don't want my reception to cost more than $14,200 (weird # i know haha), but I have no idea what to expect. Most halls around here run $2-4K and may not even include chairs/tables. Am I crazy?

HELP!

Re: HELP: Used event/party planners w/ a reception hall experience?

• Options
    Check out the Surf City Center in Surf City. It's about 30ish minutes from Wilmington at Topsail Beach. You could spend about half that on your whole wedding. I got married there in 2010. Email me for more info and vendor info. kaitlyntickle at gmail dot com
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • Options
     I have done several searches trying to help brides on a budget and have come across some really neat places for under a $1000. There is the historic Train Depotin Burgaw Nc and it is very non traditional. It is rustic and has everything you mentioned included. To get married on the doc and use the hall it cost aprox $700. There is also a beautiful old historic B& B in Beaufort Nc that includes everything for aprox $800. With being in wilmington have you thought of the arboretum garden and use thier facilty for a reception? I a non denomination minister but do coordination and wedding planning as well as wedding design.
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_help-used-eventparty-planners-w-a-reception-hall-experience?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:43b79e27-0a19-4d60-9c1d-d7b748b11f70Post:4028987c-94c8-4b24-b508-b12d84e7347d">HELP: Used event/party planners w/ a reception hall experience?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I am a corporate meeting planner and am used to planning conventions/conferences at a hotel with meeting space. Now i'm planning my wedding, and it's totally different! Most hotels feel too 'cold' and 'work-like' for me, so I really want a nontraditional place in Wilmington, NC (where we live). With all the vendor coordination, it seems most logical to book a party planner to work out the logistics for food, linens rentals, etc. Anyone have any tips, suggestions? I really don't want my reception to cost more than $14,200 (weird # i know haha), but I have no idea what to expect. Most halls around here run $2-4K and may not even include chairs/tables. Am I crazy? HELP!
    Posted by SKochie[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    The Beau Rivage Golf Course is fairly cheap surprising as that sounds. Also the Watermark Marina on River Road is nice and affordable you can actually rent out the whole place for about 2000. You can also go to the aquarium. Also, The Terraces on Sir Tyler is really nice they might be a little more expensive though. Good luck. I am looking to get married down that way too and I am planning it from 4 hours away.
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards