Hawaii
Options

Question about Above Heaven's Gate

Has anybody used or know anything about Above Heaven's Gate wedding planning services? I was browsing different wedding planners/inclusive wedding packages and he is unique.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Question about Above Heaven's Gate

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_question-about-above-heavens-gate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:9c3ac0ed-0a67-4a8f-8953-cb5e6dfb368bPost:2f6f5820-3dbe-40b4-8dcf-a1f4a0193e58">Question about Above Heaven's Gate</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anybody used or know anything about Above Heaven's Gate wedding planning services? I was browsing different wedding planners/inclusive wedding packages and he is unique.
    Posted by sunnyRN[/QUOTE]

They don't allow set-ups on the beach, so not sure why they show this on their website? 
  • Options
    I'm using Above Heaven's Gate this September and from my experience so far I LOVE them. We are have a super small ceremony (5 guests) then out to dinner afterwards. Sara has been amazing with organzing everything for us. The only set-up I'll have are flower petals down the "aisle".  They don't do any chairs so if you need that you'd have to arrange that separately and Sara could recommend some places to rent from. The location and price are unbelieve and with Captn Howie's customized ceremony I know I'll have a fabulous wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am also using Above Heaven's Gate!  Jodi and Sara are both amazing and patient.  Very helpful and always willing to assist with your wedding needs.  Captain Howie is definitely unique, this is exactly why we chose him =)....We have made changes to our "package" and never felt like I was a burden or that they were "put-out" by my requests.  You also only need to put $100 deposit and any money paid to them is fully refundable up to 30 days before ceremony date (this made me feel better as most other companies I research had higher deposits that were not refundalbe).  I personally can't wait to hear from FINALLYtobeMrsM after her ceremony! 

not sure what pp was referring to regarding set-ups on the beach as I have browsed their website multiple times and I have not seen anything about them setting anything up on the beach.  The photo's on the site show nothing either....

Good luck and Happy Planning Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for your input ladies!!  I also can't wait for FINALLYtobeMrsM 's review and pictures!!!  

Also, do you know if they assist with getting the marriage license?  It's not really a big deal since I'll be arriving on a Tuesday and planning on getting married on Friday.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_question-about-above-heavens-gate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:9c3ac0ed-0a67-4a8f-8953-cb5e6dfb368bPost:e5687da8-e2ed-40e1-a196-f4cd3b54e383">Re: Question about Above Heaven's Gate</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for your input ladies!!  I also can't wait for FINALLYtobeMrsM 's review and pictures!!!   Also, do you know if they assist with getting the marriage license?  It's not really a big deal since I'll be arriving on a Tuesday and planning on getting married on Friday.

I just booked with them yesterday for my April 2013 wedding. The staff is amazing. Beach weddings ARE available on Angels Bay or Pirates Cove. There is a $5 permit fee, and they obtain the permit for you.

They can assist with the wedding license if you get in a bind. Your confirmation letter will contain information on how to get the license, hours, location, etc. You can fill out the application and pay online, then present the actual hardcopy paper application at the Health Dept.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have been working with AHG for my August 2012 wedding. We have 60 guests and will be doing a sunrise ceremony. The entire staff has been very helpful so far!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_question-about-above-heavens-gate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:9c3ac0ed-0a67-4a8f-8953-cb5e6dfb368bPost:2f6f5820-3dbe-40b4-8dcf-a1f4a0193e58">Question about Above Heaven's Gate</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anybody used or know anything about Above Heaven's Gate wedding planning services? I was browsing different wedding planners/inclusive wedding packages and he is unique.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I booked them for April 11, 2013...Jodi was so nice and very helpful on the phone (and also very patient with my questions LOL)

So excited!!  Cool
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_question-about-above-heavens-gate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:9c3ac0ed-0a67-4a8f-8953-cb5e6dfb368bPost:8bffd296-65ab-4f33-b9f2-c32fae74aa40">Re: Question about Above Heaven's Gate</a>:
    [QUOTE]I booked them for April 11, 2013...Jodi was so nice and very helpful on the phone (and also very patient with my questions LOL) So excited!!  

Congrats! I originally tried to get that same day, as that would have been 1 year from the day we got engaged, but they were booked, so I opted for the 12th. Best wishes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    <div>Where are you going to dinner?  The limos will be taking us back to Honolulu after the ceremony so I wonder what restaurants would be good for a small celebration dinner?  It's only going to be 6 of us...</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_question-about-above-heavens-gate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:9c3ac0ed-0a67-4a8f-8953-cb5e6dfb368bPost:94be4eec-8273-41d9-af6a-6874655ad8dd">Re: Question about Above Heaven's Gate</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using Above Heaven's Gate this September and from my experience so far I LOVE them. We are have a super small ceremony (5 guests) then out to dinner afterwards. Sara has been amazing with organzing everything for us. The only set-up I'll have are flower petals down the "aisle".  They don't do any chairs so if you need that you'd have to arrange that separately and Sara could recommend some places to rent from. The location and price are unbelieve and with Captn Howie's customized ceremony I know I'll have a fabulous wedding.
    Posted by FINALLYtobeMrsM[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards