Michigan-Detroit

Invite Wording for Hotel Block & Maps Question

How do you put hotel room blocking information in your invitations?
Would you word it "A block of rooms have been reserved at ________ Hotel located at ______________, _________, MI Zip
Phone number ____ - ____ - _____
When reserving state it is for the mylastname/hislastname Wedding to get special pricing"

Also, for the directions do you put directions to both the church and reception and hotel? Or just do a map?
How do you draw one of those cool maps? I've tried a website but had no luck.

Re: Invite Wording for Hotel Block & Maps Question

• GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do one of those cute maps, I didn't have the patience by the time I did our invitations.

The accommodations card went like this:

For your comfort, a block of hotel rooms has been reserved at the
    Hotel Name
    Hotel Address
    Hotel Address

To take advantage of the special room rate, call (800) 555-5555 and mention the Bride-Groom Wedding.

Reservations must be made before September 4, 2010 in order to be eligible for the special discount.

For more information and online booking, please visit our wedding website (and I included our website address).

For directions, I did them to the Church (from 96W), from there to the Reception.

There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • edited December 2011
    weddingmapper.com has directions on how to do the maps that look hand drawn.  To me its seems to hard so I am just copying the map from that site and using it.

My wording for the hotel is very similar to gwens except I put at the bottom info about the shuttle so people know there is one.
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • edited December 2011
    Your wording sounds fine, execpt that it should be "a block of rooms has been reserved"... the verb (has) refers to the block (singular), not the rooms (plural).
  • lcsnowflakelcsnowflake member
    edited December 2011
    Our wording is similar to what was already mentioned.  We added a sentance saying that the rate includes breakfast and transportation to the reception. 

I'm providing directions from the hotel to the ceremony and from the ceremony to the reception.  I figure most people live nearby so the OOT pp need directions the most.  Then for the reception- I figured that I would use the ceremony location as a point of reference for the directions.

I have started making a map.  If you create a map in googlemaps or mapquest then copy the image (this might require taking a screenshot by using ALT+PRINTSCREEN on a pc).  Then in powerpoint or another drawing program you can create lines over the map to create a custom map.  Once you have all your lines drawn then you simply delete the map.  This sounds easier than it is because the original map needs to stay in the same place until you have all the lines right.  Let me know if you have more questions and maybe I could help.  I'm going to check out the weddingmapper.com directions (thanks Mrs.Barstool!)

• lcsnowflakelcsnowflake member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for pointing that out abby!  My wording said have instead of has too.  I'm changing it right now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards