Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

independent?

My dad has not really been in my life since him and my mom got a divorce when i was 7, with that said, I dont really want him to walk me down the aisle. I love my stepdad but dont wanna hurt my dad's feelings by letting him walk me down. Is it okay to walk down by myself?

Re: independent?

• Options
    Plenty of brides walk themselves down. Or you could walk down with your FI
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment

You can certainly walk alone or with your FI or with your mom (what I'm doing) -- anything you want!

Lizzie
  • Options
    eesh33eesh33 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012

I have considered walking down with my brother because we dont wanna see each other before the wedding.

• Options
    eesh33eesh33 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_independent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:2005a0f6-45bd-42b9-ae5e-fdd9961e28b6Post:a487b5b3-b735-4a8c-ae86-5a9964376397">Re: independent?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can certainly walk alone or with your FI or with your mom (what I'm doing) -- anything you want!
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

I have also considered this. She would feel so honored. Moms are truly a girl's best friend! :) 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_independent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:2005a0f6-45bd-42b9-ae5e-fdd9961e28b6Post:ffe0ef55-7270-45ba-a98f-2be23a8d0d06">Re: independent?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: independent? : I have also considered this. She would feel so honored.<strong> Moms are truly a girl's best friend!</strong> :) 
    Posted by eesh33[/QUOTE]
    Amen to this.<div>
    </div><div>It's a Jewish tradition for both the mother and the father to walk the bride down the aisle. Have you considered walking down with your mother and your brother? Or alone. This is definitely one of those things where there is no right or wrong answer here.</div>
  • Options
    Definitely.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards